Return to “Games”

Pine

Pine, currently in Kickstarter, is an action-adventure game whose hook is that the world of the game features a dynamic ecology, with complex behaviors and interactions, that evolves according to choices you make... or don't make.

Pine is world-centric, meaning things will happen across the island even without your involvement. Based on principles borrowed from evolution and ecology theory, every single species will try what it can to survive - from small power shifts to the utter extinction of a group, Albamare's living, breathing and constantly evolving world can and will make it happen.

ALBAMARE IS A DANGEROUS PLACE THAT LEARNS FROM YOUR EVERY MOVE

The island has its share of predators and territorial species. To defend yourself against their attacks or influence the course of action, Pine features a solid and varied combat system feels engaging with every encounter.

But be wary, as your enemies will learn how you fight: They will observe you, try out different combos against you and evolve to specifically oppose your style. It will force you to adapt to them in turn, so choose your enemies wisely!

DYNAMIC WEATHER AND A NATURAL DAY/NIGHT CYCLE FORCE ALBAMARE'S INHABITANTS TO MOVE AND ACT

Based on their specific needs, some species will try to find shelter during storms or on cold nights, or even move to a new territory in large migrations. The weather can be your ally or your worst enemy, so keep an eye out for what's coming your way.
I'm probably going to back this.
Re: Pine

I see nothing about that project that actually excites me.
So I won't be going through with it. But with the quantity of stuff in their trailer I would presume they are fairly close as it is, and should be a safe enough bet.
°˖◝(ಠ‸ಠ)◜˖°
WebGL Spaceships and Trails
<Cuisinart8> apparently without the demon driving him around Silver has the intelligence of a botched lobotomy patient ~ Mar 04 2020
console.log(`What's all ${this} ${Date.now()}`);

JanB1 wrote:
Flatfingers wrote:Thanks for those thoughts, JanB1.
That...uhm...sounded really...sarcastic?
Welcome to Flatfingers! :mrgreen:

He can sound sarcastic at times, but he really isn't. :shifty:
I am Groot.
Please don't take my advice. You will wind up in jail if you do.
For some reason, I feel obliged to display how many people have talked in IRC over the past 2 hours: Image :problem:
:ugeek:

Detritus wrote:
JanB1 wrote:
Flatfingers wrote:Thanks for those thoughts, JanB1.
That...uhm...sounded really...sarcastic?
Welcome to Flatfingers! :mrgreen:

He can sound sarcastic at times, but he really isn't. :shifty:
It's a gift.

Detritus is correct, though -- truly not meant in any kind of negative way. I really was expressing appreciation, though apparently I need to level up those skills....

My jaded prediction:

This game ends up releaseing as a water downed version of its self with one or two mildly interesting features.

Looks like a basic action/survival game now, has sort of a "Fable" vibe.
My Signature

Flatfingers wrote: It's a gift.

Detritus is correct, though -- truly not meant in any kind of negative way. I really was expressing appreciation, though apparently I need to level up those skills....

Oh. Okay then. Well, then I'm flattered. ^^
Automation engineer, lateral thinker, soldier, addicted to music, books and gaming.
Nothing to see here
Flatfingers wrote: 23.01.2017: "Show me the smoldering corpse of Perfectionist Josh"

Zanteogo wrote:My jaded prediction:

This game ends up releaseing as a water downed version of its self with one or two mildly interesting features.

Looks like a basic action/survival game now, has sort of a "Fable" vibe.
Pffshh!!!

Btw, love your profile picture. Love the series. :)
Automation engineer, lateral thinker, soldier, addicted to music, books and gaming.
Nothing to see here
Flatfingers wrote: 23.01.2017: "Show me the smoldering corpse of Perfectionist Josh"

Online Now