Middle Earth: Shadow of War

Discuss games not related to Limit Theory.

Re: Middle Earth: Shadow of War

Postby MrPerson » Sun Mar 12, 2017 8:47 pm

Silverware wrote:
MrPerson wrote:You could always play the Medieval II: Total War mod called "Third Age: Total War" on moddb, I have sunk 300 hours into that mod alone probably, AND you can either defend or siege moria if you so desire, though the map is fairly simple. (gives a great income bonus too due to mithril :D )

Be careful of the Balrog, though a good few ballista rounds through it usually finishes the job. (its a mod, only so much they can do)

Those guys should use the Warhammer: Total War game to make the Third Age mod LV

Think they've been done modding for a while, don't think TA:TW has had an update since like 2013. Plus, you can't mod the actual campaign map layout in TW:W, also I think its against some EULA to make total conversion mods for TW:W or something.

Would have been awesome if it was possible.
MrPerson
Captain

Postby Dinosawer » Mon Mar 13, 2017 3:03 am

MrPerson wrote: also I think its against some EULA to make total conversion mods for TW:W or something.

PSA: EULA's mean squat if what's in it isn't legal, and you have the legal right to do with your software whatever the hell you want. The worst they can do is refuse to support you if your mod manages to break your installation, or not let you play MP with a modded game.

Semi-related tidbit: at least in the US, "warrant void if removed" stickers don't void your warranty if removed.
Warning: do not ask about physics unless you really want to know about physics.
The LT IRC / Alternate link || The REKT Wiki || PUDDING
Dinosawer
Admiral

Postby MrPerson » Mon Mar 13, 2017 11:04 am

Maybe they just meant you can't upload it to the workshop if its a total conversion/asset from another IP, can't really stop people from doing it on places like Moddb
MrPerson
Captain

Postby JanB1 » Thu Mar 16, 2017 3:25 pm

Anyways, played "Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor", really like the game, the fighting system, and will highly likely play the new game.

Btw: Is it just me or did the whole animation set for climbing in "Shadow of Mordor" look like it was 1:1 copied from Assassins Creed?
Automation engineer, lateral thinker, soldier, addicted to music, books and gaming.
Nothing to see here

Flatfingers wrote:23.01.2017: "Show me the smoldering corpse of Perfectionist Josh"
JanB1
Captain

Previous

Return to Games