Return to “Games”

Re: Mass Effect: Andromeda

Lum wrote:I mean, they're BioWare. These guys should be doing 3D movies instead of videogames, because their cinematic trailers are that awesome. That's why I was that surprised. I mean, the eyes in SWTOR are better, IIRC.
The sad truth is BioWare is not the company it used to be. The era of producing such masterpieces like Baulders Gate and Old Republic are way behind them.
My Signature

Well, I surely hope they get their act together, because they used to produce fantastic games. I just wishlisted ME:Trilogy in Origin. They have now a 50% discount. Maybe if they get higher than that I can purchase the games, revamp the graphics of the first two and give it a try. I always was a first person roleplayer-kind of guy, but Geralt made me change. Maybe I can play ME now... :ghost:
I have been - and always shall be - your friend.

I highly suggest you play them as soon as you can. As for DLC, the bigger ones are usually worth it, I forget names at this point, but for ME2 make sure if you have the ability to, grab the one that mentions Heists n stuff for a new character (plus the free ones obviously) and in ME3 grab the Citadel DLC. They are kind of pricey, but those (mostly citadel) are great additions to the game. Oh and the Free ending expansion they made (that I still think is good, fite me :lol: )

I try not to pre-order out of principle, but those gameplay trailers for Andromeda they are making are pushing me close to wanting to. The balance of exploration and linear areas (basically just choosing what areas to go first really) seems like a good balance between big open world boring games and tight linear action packed games.

Scytale wrote:
MrPerson wrote: I try not to pre-order out of principle, but those gameplay trailers for Andromeda they are making are pushing me close to wanting to.
Don't do it! Remember Aliens: Colonial Marines!
Or NoMansSky! Or Watch Dogs! Or AC: Unity! Or...shot, that list keeps gettong longer...
Automation engineer, lateral thinker, soldier, addicted to music, books and gaming.
Nothing to see here
Flatfingers wrote: 23.01.2017: "Show me the smoldering corpse of Perfectionist Josh"

JanB1 wrote:
Scytale wrote:
MrPerson wrote: I try not to pre-order out of principle, but those gameplay trailers for Andromeda they are making are pushing me close to wanting to.
Don't do it! Remember Aliens: Colonial Marines!
Or NoMansSky! Or Watch Dogs! Or AC: Unity! Or...shot, that list keeps gettong longer...
I think No Man's Sky and Aliens are really the most egregious examples because they had clear examples of the developer lying before release about what was going to be in the game. I don't mean things like the developers making it look fun but then it's not - more like where a demo deliberately shows features which are not in the released game, or when the graphical engine is clearly lacking features displayed in the advertisements. But I'm not properly familiar with the buzz around the other games, so maybe it happened there too.

In the case listed, Watch Dogs had dumbed down graphics from the E3 videos they were shown, but on PC you can re-enable them. They just disabled them globally because they didn't want the console players to feel like their version was inferior :roll: And AC: Unity was a glitch filled super laggy mess of a game that was ridiculed for all the bugs in it. Though I never bought either of those anyway, it takes a LOT to get me to pre-order something.

Last time I pre-ordered something was the new Battlefront because I had played the originals since I was maybe 9 years old. I haven't played it since the December it released if that says anything :lol:
Last edited by MrPerson on Mon Mar 06, 2017 6:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I have a preorder down, but only because there is zero chance of me not buying it and gameplay is out for it.

Shadows of war wont get a preorder unless they drop gameplay videos.
°˖◝(ಠ‸ಠ)◜˖°
WebGL Spaceships and Trails
<Cuisinart8> apparently without the demon driving him around Silver has the intelligence of a botched lobotomy patient ~ Mar 04 2020
console.log(`What's all ${this} ${Date.now()}`);

MrPerson wrote:
Scytale wrote:
Silverware wrote:I have a preorder down, but only because there is zero chance of me not buying it and gameplay is out for it.

May I ask which game?
I think He meant for Andromeda
oh right, cheers

Scytale wrote:
Silverware wrote:I have a preorder down, but only because there is zero chance of me not buying it and gameplay is out for it.

May I ask which game?
For Andromeda.
Sorry thought that was clear from context :D

Only threw down $10 because I needed to pay the rest on HZD (I also preordered that by like 2 days)
But its also only for the console version, at a place that always ends up being cheaper to buy new for console on release, than others do for the PC release. :ghost:
°˖◝(ಠ‸ಠ)◜˖°
<Cuisinart8> apparently without the demon driving him around Silver has the intelligence of a botched lobotomy patient ~ Mar 04 2020

Silverware wrote:
Scytale wrote:

May I ask which game?
For Andromeda.
Sorry thought that was clear from context :D

Only threw down $10 because I needed to pay the rest on HZD (I also preordered that by like 2 days)
But its also only for the console version, at a place that always ends up being cheaper to buy new for console on release, than others do for the PC release. :ghost:
Unlike many cursors, I am not context-sensitive :(

Scytale wrote:Unlike many cursors, I am not context-sensitive :(
No harm in that either. The wife is immune to context, and doesn't provide it herself.
So long as I know it's a thing I can make sure I use context in future. :D

But yeah, I don't mind preordering for things you know you are going to buy (like mass effect, I'll buy it even if it's shit). But just to get the bonuses is pretty crap.
°˖◝(ಠ‸ಠ)◜˖°

Online Now