Return to “Games”

Hellion

Hi Guys, Literally only just saw this on youtube and found a link to this new amazing wowcha new looking game that looks like a survival version of Star Citizen :o

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NmEehDqgXtg

With base building, multiplayer ships, planetary exploration, modular ships etc it sounds so much like someone from Cloud Imperium got booted or resigned and started this game taking half of the old code with them lol.

Same graphics as star citizen pretty much and probably built on the Cry or Lumberyard engine but haven't read enough yet to determine but defo one of those.

Have a look at the website: https://www.playhellion.com/story

The Setting:

Hellion is a solar system many lightyears from Earth. Despite its remoteness, it is the destination of the first interstellar colonization mission during the 23rd century. Almost a million colonists, suspended in cryogenic hibernation, leave Sol on a journey that will take many decades.
However, when they wake up, almost a century later, they find themselves trapped inside a nightmare. Instead of living in a manmade paradise they are forced to fight for survival surrounded by deserted stations, incomplete orbital habitats and derelict warships.
With the closest rescue operation half a century away, orbital economy in disarray and no authorities in sight, many turn to scavenging, stealing and outright violence. Others try to live in a more civilized way and begin uncovering the truth behind the largest disaster in human history.

Sounds great! It is set in a realistic sized solar system with Newtonian physics.....and you get to EVA mine - how cool is that :ghost:

Releases on steam EA in 12 days from now: http://store.steampowered.com/app/588210/agecheck#
Re: Hellion

Silver, weird statement.

As this game is similar to star citizen (on a smaller scale) your basically saying space engineers is similar to hellion and sc? the fidelity and immersion in these two games should be far superior to space engineers lol that game is junk compared to what these two games could and should be :thumbup:

I'm not saying space engineers is junk just saying they shouldn't compare in terms of the final outcome and they should be way better!
Re: Hellion

Starbuck wrote:Silver, weird statement.

As this game is similar to star citizen (on a smaller scale) your basically saying space engineers is similar to hellion and sc? the fidelity and immersion in these two games should be far superior to space engineers lol that game is junk compared to what these two games could and should be :thumbup:

I'm not saying space engineers is junk just saying they shouldn't compare in terms of the final outcome and they should be way better!
So far it looks like space engineers minus any ability to build your own thing.

So far it does not look like star citizen, which is currently an arena based shooter and some test code.
When star citizen becomes a came HA! As if! then you can start comparing things to the final product.
But for now, any comparison to star citizen is just telling people that the game is: barely complete, mostly a scam, and over-inflated with poor ideas.

Dinosawer wrote:O hey this sound n-
Starbuck wrote:Oh and no single player only multiplayer!
NOPE

:ghost:
Heh, when I saw the video my first thought was, "Trying to make this a MMO huh? well you just failed at market research."
°˖◝(ಠ‸ಠ)◜˖°
WebGL Spaceships and Trails
<Cuisinart8> apparently without the demon driving him around Silver has the intelligence of a botched lobotomy patient ~ Mar 04 2020
console.log(`What's all ${this} ${Date.now()}`);

Online Now