Return to “Games”

Re: Dwarf Fortress Succession Game

Talvieno wrote:
cuisinart8 wrote:REKT mod for Dwarf Fortress!
Despite having a fair amount of DF modding experience under my belt, I wouldn't even know how to begin making a REKT mod for DF... :lol:
Procedural galaxy, maybe have each square be a system like Avorion. When doing missions have procedural maps (I guess a la the ruins you can find.) Basically, all you have to do is change almost everything about the game from the core outwards. Easy!

Talvieno wrote:
cuisinart8 wrote:REKT mod for Dwarf Fortress!
Despite having a fair amount of DF modding experience under my belt, I wouldn't even know how to begin making a REKT mod for DF... :lol:

... Rimworld.
Thats where I would start. :V

Make some art assets, replace the story events...
°˖◝(ಠ‸ಠ)◜˖°
WebGL Spaceships and Trails
<Cuisinart8> apparently without the demon driving him around Silver has the intelligence of a botched lobotomy patient ~ Mar 04 2020
console.log(`What's all ${this} ${Date.now()}`);

Rimworld is harder to succession game because there's a clear goal in mind and it's always either too easy (nobody dies) or too hard (everybody dies).

So, is everybody okay with aquifer + haunted? (haunted is an evil biome with the lowest level of savagery.) I'm also of the opinion we should embark somewhere with fewer trees; trees are known to significantly reduce framerate, and we can probably gather wood from the caverns anyway. (And that's more Fun)
Have a question? Send me a PM! || I have a Patreon page up for REKT now! || People talking in IRC over the past two hours: Image

Online Now