Return to “Games”

Re: Hawkspears: DF Succession Game (Discussion)

Also, Dinosawer was worried there wouldn't be any projects left to do at the end of my turn. I therefore present to you, Ye Olde List of Dwarfy Projects (in no particular order):
  1. make a road to the edge of the map
  2. make some towers aboveground where we can fire at gobbos from
  3. capture a Giant Cave Spider
  4. silk farm: capture a Giant Cave Spider and use it to spew out loads of GCS webs to be gathered and turned into expensive silk items
  5. build a swimming chamber to teach your dorfs to swim
  6. invade HFS
  7. build a mist generator to make dorfs happy
  8. magma pumps. you'll think of something to do with them.
  9. make dwarfy magma waterfalls for either side of the front door
  10. build a giant defensive tower of awesome
  11. make soap (SOAP IS IMPORTANT)
  12. build a dwarf-cleaning river with aquifer water
  13. capture and tame a dragon
  14. build a water pumpstack to bring water up to the top of the fort for a lovely indoor pool
  15. create a dwarven bunker as a last resort for invasion
  16. make clothing for dorfs before everything rots
  17. work towards bringing the king to Hawkspears
  18. make a grand palace for our future king
  19. build an epic trap outside
  20. make an actual waterslide
  21. start making cheese
  22. build a library
  23. actually put some effort into the military
  24. make a statue garden (potentially aboveground)
  25. build a minecart trap
  26. raise and maintain a lot of livestock (potentially underground)
  27. make a grand hall underground lined with waterfalls (or magmafalls)
  28. use spider silk from the caverns to start up a silk industry
  29. make a reservoir that fills to exactly 4/7 to train swimming skill
  30. gladiator arena: train dwarves on unarmed goblins
  31. build a castle
  32. build an orchard (or set aside room for an orchard), protect it with walls or other barriers, and gather fruit and nuts from it
  33. magma landmines (no, really, this is a thing)
  34. make an aquarium (not just one aquarium tank, but tons of them)
  35. make a marksdwarf squad
  36. goblin shooting gallery. capture a few gobbos and get marksdwarves to fire wooden bolts at them. this will train their skills quite fast.
  37. make a proper graveyard
  38. perpetual motion power plant
  39. make a new dining room with a misty waterfall
  40. underground forest for tree farming
  41. Build a temple (bonus points for building several temples - one for each of the main dwarven gods)
  42. make a treasury (cut gems, coins, gold and silver bars)
  43. magma cannon
  44. build a new prison with a 2z reservoir underneath and put a well in each cell so dwarves won't die of thirst - bonus points for pudding small food stockpiles in each cell
  45. trees lower framerate, and they're too elfy anyway. Chop down ALL THE TREES.
  46. make an altar to Armok
  47. archery range: train your marksdwarves (if you have some)
  48. plate a room with gold or silver
  49. make a zoo
  50. build a massive underground powerplant with an artificial aquifer river
  51. minecart shotgun (corridor with sharp implements thrown into it from minecarts; make it fire three rounds before it needs reloaded for bonus points)
  52. minecart machine gun (like a shotgun, but fires magma at a high rate down a corridor)
  53. bathtub: stop dwarves from tracking mud, grime, and poisonous FB sludge with a slowly-flowing "bathtub" of 3/7 water that dwarves have to walk through to get into the fort
  54. expand into the caverns
  55. assign a sheriff and hammerer
  56. make it possible
  57. build a minecart surveillance track (archers get in and get carried around the fortress's perimeter to fire at gobbos or invaders)
  58. make a set of gorgeous tombs for each of our rulers
  59. make an epic battle arena/colosseum above the volcano so losers either die or fall off the edge of the arena; combatants get dropped onto the platform (which is floating by a single pillar) so you could technically drop the whole platform into the volcano if you wanted
  60. create catapults and ballistae to defend the fortress with
  61. build a "vomitorium" - a place where dorfs can idle to prevent cave adaptation
  62. build a farm in the caverns
  63. aboveground farm for growing aboveground plants
  64. trap wild animals and tame their species (storks or dralthas, for instance)
Have a question? Send me a PM! || I have a Patreon page up for REKT now! || People talking in IRC over the past two hours: Image

Talvieno wrote:Also, Dinosawer was worried there wouldn't be any projects left to do at the end of my turn. I therefore present to you, Ye Olde List of Dwarfy Projects (in no particular order):
  1. make a proper graveyard
  2. underground forest for tree farming
  3. build a new prison with a 2z reservoir underneath and put a well in each cell so dwarves won't die of thirst - bonus points for pudding small food stockpiles in each cell
1) Oh, I'm good at graveyards! :ghost:
2) That sounds interesting...and like lots of digging! :mrgreen:
3) Saw what you did there :squirrel:
Apparently, sometimes stuff might happen.
- - - - - - - -

:D

My turn is up! Finished and posted the save. Narwhalz is next! :)
Image Also, yes, the magma moat was entirely intentional, and very "safe", provided you don't try to screw it up. It should rebalance itself if you try to draw from one side or the other so that nothing overflows (except into the forest)... provided you don't break or otherwise bypass the floodgate-doors.
Have a question? Send me a PM! || I have a Patreon page up for REKT now! || People talking in IRC over the past two hours: Image

Talvieno wrote:Aquifers are a huge source of Fun, which is why I left that to you guys. :D
Yeah, kinda really glad we only got one tile of aquifer in this map :D
°˖◝(ಠ‸ಠ)◜˖°
WebGL Spaceships and Trails
<Cuisinart8> apparently without the demon driving him around Silver has the intelligence of a botched lobotomy patient ~ Mar 04 2020
console.log(`What's all ${this} ${Date.now()}`);

Talvieno wrote::D

My turn is up! Finished and posted the save. Narwhalz is next! :)
(Amazing picture here)
Also, yes, the magma moat was entirely intentional, and very "safe", provided you don't try to screw it up. It should rebalance itself if you try to draw from one side or the other so that nothing overflows (except into the forest)... provided you don't break or otherwise bypass the floodgate-doors.
OMG thanks. :o :shock: :clap:
"A sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."
- Arthur C. Clarke

Online Now