Starfury

Starfury is from the creaters of the Space Empires series, Malfador Machinations.
Here is the link to their home page: http://www.malfador.com/

This is the game description right off the web site:
"Starfury is a bold new game which take players, first-person, into the Space Empires Universe. Using our all-new real-time 3D rendering engine, we've recreated the Space Empires universe from a lone ship's perspective.
As captain of your battle cruiser, you'll travel through solar systems via warp points, explore the galaxy, engage in furious space combat, and join in large fleet operations. Starfury allows you to completely customize your starship and has a complex ship combat model. Multiple campaigns with a vast array of missions will challenge you to hold back the forces that threaten your race, and to make a little money on the side"

I 0wn a copy of the game and while by todays standards it's rather basic, it was pretty good when it first came out. There is a demo that gives you a good feel for the game and it's rather inexpansive. It might be worth a look for quick bit of real time space soot'em up fun. The full game works on my main system with 64 bit OS ( Windows 7), so it should run on most machines.
Cowards die many times before their deaths, the valiant never taste of death but once. Of all the wonders that I have seen, it seem to me most strange, that men should fear, seeing that death, a necessary end, will come when it will come.

Online Now