Return to “Games”

Re: X-Wing Unity Mod

IronDuke wrote:Huh... that's exactly what I'm doing for I-War 2. :wtf: :thumbup: :ghost: At least this way I can watch them and see if some sort of legal action from whoever owns the rights to the game proves this sort of adventure to be a horrible idea.

--IronDuke
Since it requires ownership of the original game, I'm thinking they probably won't get a cease-and-desist? Not sure if they can be forced to stop or not.
I do not fear computers. I fear the lack of them.

Arclite wrote:
IronDuke wrote:Huh... that's exactly what I'm doing for I-War 2. :wtf: :thumbup: :ghost: At least this way I can watch them and see if some sort of legal action from whoever owns the rights to the game proves this sort of adventure to be a horrible idea.

--IronDuke
Since it requires ownership of the original game, I'm thinking they probably won't get a cease-and-desist? Not sure if they can be forced to stop or not.
So long as they are not distributing original copyrighted data, its pretty hard to sue.
Else Mods would never be able to exist.

This is on a grander scale than many mods, but none-the-less it's technically a mod. :V
°˖◝(ಠ‸ಠ)◜˖°
WebGL Spaceships and Trails
<Cuisinart8> apparently without the demon driving him around Silver has the intelligence of a botched lobotomy patient ~ Mar 04 2020
console.log(`What's all ${this} ${Date.now()}`);

IronDuke wrote:Huh... that's exactly what I'm doing for I-War 2. :wtf: :thumbup: :ghost:
Do you have a vid you can throw up on Youtube?

Also, I don't think you have anything to worry about. I-War isn't owned by a major IP like Disney/LucasArts looking to protect itself.
I do not fear computers. I fear the lack of them.

Arclite wrote:
IronDuke wrote:Huh... that's exactly what I'm doing for I-War 2. :wtf: :thumbup: :ghost:
Do you have a vid you can throw up on Youtube?

Also, I don't think you have anything to worry about. I-War isn't owned by a major IP like Disney/LucasArts looking to protect itself.
No videos yet; I'm still working on the absolute basics, like making something go forwards. :ghost: When I get far enough I'll definitely produce a few videos.

Also, the I-War rights are owned by Atari. :ghost:

--IronDuke
Knowledge is Power, and Power goes in Cars.
I-War 2 thread
Epic Limit Theory Limerick

--IronDuke
:shock: That is something I need in my life. Good luck, Duke! A remastered EOC would be glorious!

Online Now