Return to “Games”

Re: Planet Coaster

I want it, seen some amazing things done in it, should look up some youtube videos that showcase cool parks. I never actually played roller coaster tycoon, just both Thrillville games (as you can tell by my profile) and I love games like them. Since it seems very similar but with a TON more customization, I will probably pick it up here soon.

This game looks absolutely awesome. :D Which means there's no way it'll run on my machine, but I don't care so much right now. It's just pretty. I was a huge fan of Theme Park World (and to a lesser extent, Sim Coaster) a long time ago. Wanted to fire up Theme Park World recently for the nostalgia but sadly couldn't find a reliable way to get it to run properly.

While Planet Coaster does extremely well in the "make a pretty park" aspect, a lot of people seem to agree that it's not at all difficult to make a park, and management is shallow compared to other games - i.e., it doesn't offer any real challenge because it's easy to make money and hard to fail. That saddens me. They also say it's missing at least 80% of the content quantity that other games have - small ride selection, small part selection, etc. Makes me wonder. :monkey: Still, can't play it myself, so it's no skin off my back.
Have a question? Send me a PM! || I have a Patreon page up for REKT now! || People talking in IRC over the past two hours: Image

Well I guess that is fine for me, since the only Theme Park creator type game I had previously played was Thrillville, which was usually very easy to make money if you set the ride and food/drink/hat cost just above the maintenance cost and had 2 of each cheerleader, maintenance, and cleanup people. Plus in that, you couldn't really even change the themes or customize the rides. It was just "oh a space themed area, here are some space themed rides" or whatever for each themed area. You couldn't customize non previously themed rides to fit a different theme.

So this game should be great for me.

Online Now