Return to “Games”

My Summer Car

Have you ever sat down and wondered what life was like on the Finnish countryside in 1995? Well wonder no more, the definitive experience is now on Steam! In the guise of an autistic level car mechanic sim, you too can now flip off strangers while drunk off your ass.

I especially love the accent of the dev, though I dig Finns in general, I make a point of visiting often and I can attest to the game being accurate :D Except the person I know has a much less tidy garage, an old army truck, and drinks a lot more heavily than what is depicted in the game. I have also been looking for something to hold a candle to Street Legal for ages, and this might just be it.
panic
Re: My Summer Car

Mistycica wrote:I dig Finns in general
Glad to hear it! I come from "first the sauna, then the house" ancestry on my father's side...

I still sauna every day, sometimes twice a day, if I can manage it. Not even exaggerating... I'm somewhat addicted to saunas.
"To be what you are not, experience what you are not." -Saint John of the Cross
Authored 131 missions in Vendetta Online
Check it out on Steam

Phaserlight wrote: Glad to hear it! I come from "first the sauna, then the house" ancestry on my father's side...

I still sauna every day, sometimes twice a day, if I can manage it. Not even exaggerating... I'm somewhat addicted to saunas.
Sauna is a lovely invention all year round. I enjoy the wood-heated one as a special treat when I'm over there :3 Electric ones tend to be overly hot and dry for my taste, and I'm somewhat weak and it fatigues me easily.
panic

Mistycica wrote:
Phaserlight wrote: Glad to hear it! I come from "first the sauna, then the house" ancestry on my father's side...

Sauna is a lovely invention all year round. I enjoy the wood-heated one as a special treat when I'm over there :3 Electric ones tend to be overly hot and dry for my taste, and I'm somewhat weak and it fatigues me easily.
I remember a friend built his own sauna, made it of corrugated iron and wood.. The "heating element" was from a toaster.. So no throwing any water on the "coals"!!!
YAY PYTHON \o/

In Josh We Trust
-=326.3827=-

Random paying jobs to cover food, beverage and fuel expenses
Not because I like necro'ing, but I was re-reading this, and saw the above.
This sounds very like the "job for life" feature Josh was talking about with LT.. where it's not a grind (well here it kinda is, cos otherwise you die) and you can take a number of jobs (in LT) and do whatever tickles your fancy.
My point? Here, have a pencil.
:wave:
YAY PYTHON \o/

In Josh We Trust
-=326.3827=-

Talvieno wrote:I'm still hearing about this game, so it must be pretty good. Does the developer have any checklist of things to complete before the final version is released?
Probably
  • Get it known to the entire planet.
I am Groot.
Please don't take my advice. You will wind up in jail if you do.
For some reason, I feel obliged to display how many people have talked in IRC over the past 2 hours: Image :problem:
:ugeek:

Talvieno wrote:I'm still hearing about this game, so it must be pretty good. Does the developer have any checklist of things to complete before the final version is released?
It is pretty good! The official site also says:
PLANS, BUT NOT PROMISED!
Window stickers, like "More beer"
Rowing boat
Strawberry picking
Suomi KP/-31 to shoot fishes, cans, or something else
Drag strip and local drag racing events
Lively environment with houses, nature and animals
The window stickers are already easily moddable. A bus, a train, and kilju (moonshine) making were recently introduced :3 Oh, and a moped too.
panic

Talvieno wrote:Oh, neat! Can you customize any other cars the same way you can the default? That would be even cooler. I'm starting to consider getting this at some point.
I think it's a game code limitation that only the Satsuma can be pulled apart. The rest only have driving simulation. Or your parents would get mad if you pimped the poop truck :lol:
panic

Online Now