Return to “Games”

Re: Event[0]

The game finally found its way into my hands :3

It's a really interesting experience that you get as much out of as you are willing to suspend your disbelief. Kaizen is rather obviously 'just a chatbot', but he has an extensive library and an attitude that captures me just right. He's cool and sassy in a robotic way, with a distinct personality that is neither HAL nor GLaDOS, I think he earned a little corner of my heart. Sure, you can try breaking him with weird compound sentences, but that's not what you are here for, right?

The story is told through Kaizen's mostly-coherent rambling and a bunch of log files for the most part. I enjoyed the narrative, it made good sense by the end, and the spoilerrific parts were nifty. It's very short though, I clocked two hours start to finish, and I can't bring myself to replay it just to pick a different ending/be a dick to the AI and see if he kills me off. Still, it didn't really feel like two hours, I had my share of fun with it, but if you are looking for amazing hour-per-dollar value, you better find it on sale and play it ragged.

Oh, and the aesthetics are lovely. When the game started off with calling the ship a 'tourist monstrosity from the 80s' I knew I was in for a treat, and boy yes. From the wallpapers to the satisfying clack of the terminals, it's got it spot-on.
panic
Re: Event[0]

Talvieno wrote:I've only just discovered this game. Thank you for that, Misty - I must've missed it the last time it was posting. This seems right up my alley. :D I'll have to check it out sometime.
It's pretty cool. Watched Jacksepticeye over on Youtube play it. Didn't play it myself, though. Interesting game. :D
Automation engineer, lateral thinker, soldier, addicted to music, books and gaming.
Nothing to see here
Flatfingers wrote: 23.01.2017: "Show me the smoldering corpse of Perfectionist Josh"

Online Now