Return to “Games”

Paradox - Heart of Iron 4

http://store.steampowered.com/app/394360/

Real time strategy game about second world war. Who already bought Sellaris, made by the same company / engine, will also enjoy this game if he can deal with a slightly more complex game in comparison to Stellaris.
As with Stellaris, the user interface and the game is quite complex but rather intuitive comprehensible. I like it a lot.

Both games are made around a single player mode and so both games as they are quite new suffer from the same problems which Paradox is working on that is to improve the AI and create new content. Both games become after around 30-50 hours repeatable when the player has come to understood most of the mechanic and come to see the flaw in AI game design.

So I hope they can solve the AI difficulty on both games and also add new content soon.
Re: Paradox - Heart of Iron 4

Yeah, I have put a reasonable number of hours into it myself.
Managed to play a Germany where the British started WW2, the Germans had to spring to the defense of the Belgian people with their Nazi Freedom Tanks. :D
°˖◝(ಠ‸ಠ)◜˖°
WebGL Spaceships and Trails
<Cuisinart8> apparently without the demon driving him around Silver has the intelligence of a botched lobotomy patient ~ Mar 04 2020
console.log(`What's all ${this} ${Date.now()}`);

So, was I the only person who took a look at this game, and thought to myself 'Do you know what would be cool? Being able to zoom in on the individual battles, and take command of multiple divisions and all of their equipment, across a massive map. XCOM turn-based combat style.' :think: :ghost: :twisted:
Image The results of logic, of natural progression? Boring! An expected result? Dull! An obvious next step? Pfui! Where is the fun in that? A dream may soothe, but our nightmares make us run!

Idunno wrote:So, was I the only person who took a look at this game, and thought to myself 'Do you know what would be cool? Being able to zoom in on the individual battles, and take command of multiple divisions and all of their equipment, across a massive map. XCOM turn-based combat style.' :think: :ghost: :twisted:
Sure, it already takes more than 10 hours to play a match to the fourties, why not add in another game of a different genre that takes just as long and limits the players in the combat to only participants leaving many players in a mp match out of things to do for days.

No this should be a seperate game. But it *should* be a game, yes.
°˖◝(ಠ‸ಠ)◜˖°
<Cuisinart8> apparently without the demon driving him around Silver has the intelligence of a botched lobotomy patient ~ Mar 04 2020

Silverware wrote:Sure, it already takes more than 10 hours to play a match to the fourties,
Not seeing the problem. :ghost:
why not add in another game of a different genre that takes just as long

Fun genre though. :silent:
and limits the players in the combat to only participants leaving many players in a mp match out of things to do for days.
Hearts of Iron IV has multiplayer? :eh:
Got any recommendations for anything similar? ((I'm bored. :ghost: ))
Image The results of logic, of natural progression? Boring! An expected result? Dull! An obvious next step? Pfui! Where is the fun in that? A dream may soothe, but our nightmares make us run!

Idunno wrote:
and limits the players in the combat to only participants leaving many players in a mp match out of things to do for days.
Oh yes, and it is best played as Multiplayer, with all the majors controlled by players, you no longer have wonky AI trying to DoW everything in sight, multiplayer is also rather stable being built on the updated engine that Stellaris uses.
I am entirely keen to have a game of this at some point.
Idunno wrote:
Got any recommendations for anything similar? ((I'm bored. :ghost: ))
Unfortunatly not really. The Wargames games are good for the tactical level, Airland Battle if you are poor, European Escalation if you are REALLY poor, or Red Dragon if you are not.

EE has only ground battles, Airland took EE and added air and a new campaign, RD took Airland and added entirely seperate naval battles.
I have all three, but damn I suck at them. :P
°˖◝(ಠ‸ಠ)◜˖°

Silverware wrote:
Idunno wrote:
Oh yes, and it is best played as Multiplayer, with all the majors controlled by players, you no longer have wonky AI trying to DoW everything in sight, multiplayer is also rather stable being built on the updated engine that Stellaris uses.
I am entirely keen to have a game of this at some point.
I'll take your word for it. Multiplayer is not really my schtick. :ghost:
Unfortunately not really. The Wargames games are good for the tactical level,
My relationship with Wargaming tends to go from 'kinda fun' to 'this is why I don't like multiplayer games'. :ghost:
Airland Battle if you are poor, European Escalation if you are REALLY poor, or Red Dragon if you are not.

EE has only ground battles, Airland took EE and added air and a new campaign, RD took Airland and added entirely seperate naval battles.
I have all three, but damn I suck at them. :P
Just checked them out, they all seem to be close enough to what I'm looking for. :think:

Thanks for the rec's. :D :twisted:

If you are as bad as I am then multiplayer might be fun on EE, Airland, or Red Dragon. I do have all three, so it doesnt matter which you select if you are interested in some multiplayer. :P
°˖◝(ಠ‸ಠ)◜˖°

Silverware wrote:If you are as bad as I am then multiplayer might be fun on EE, Airland, or Red Dragon. I do have all three, so it doesnt matter which you select if you are interested in some multiplayer. :P
I'll buy one of them the next time it goes on sale. :ghost:

I'm cheap, and I'm proud of it. :twisted:

Idunno wrote:
Silverware wrote:If you are as bad as I am then multiplayer might be fun on EE, Airland, or Red Dragon. I do have all three, so it doesnt matter which you select if you are interested in some multiplayer. :P
I'll buy one of them the next time it goes on sale. :ghost:

I'm cheap, and I'm proud of it. :twisted:
So EE, it gets down to under $5 often enough.
Airland sticks around 15/20.
RD is about 30/50 iirc
°˖◝(ಠ‸ಠ)◜˖°

I have been playing this with friends a pretty decent amount lately. I always play Russia and I keep converting half of other powers to communism then staging a coup on enemy factions to make them have to take forces off the front lines to go and deal with the new Communist splinter.

I just wish they would actually do something. I converted half of America to Communism and staged a Coup, and they got all the states from California to the border of Texas but they haven't built any new units, even when I sent them a ton of my old equipment and tanks I don't use anymore. It had been like 3 months and they only built like 1 new unit, and the normal US is starting to push them hard. Gonna have to figure out how to send reinforcements over the ocean I guess (if I can figure out how :oops: )

MrPerson wrote:I have been playing this with friends a pretty decent amount lately. I always play Russia and I keep converting half of other powers to communism then staging a coup on enemy factions to make them have to take forces off the front lines to go and deal with the new Communist splinter.

I just wish they would actually do something. I converted half of America to Communism and staged a Coup, and they got all the states from California to the border of Texas but they haven't built any new units, even when I sent them a ton of my old equipment and tanks I don't use anymore. It had been like 3 months and they only built like 1 new unit, and the normal US is starting to push them hard. Gonna have to figure out how to send reinforcements over the ocean I guess (if I can figure out how :oops: )
two options,
Easiest, assign the units to an assignment there, the units will move (garrison works perfectly for this)
Harder, send them to a port, make sure you have enough free transports, right click on the port you want them to goto.
°˖◝(ಠ‸ಠ)◜˖°

Silver, Cuisinar8, and I all played a game.

In about 6 years, the world was united under Fascism. :D
Image Somehow, I got the highest score at the end of the game. :eh:
I am Groot.
Please don't take my advice. You will wind up in jail if you do.
For some reason, I feel obliged to display how many people have talked in IRC over the past 2 hours: Image :problem:
:ugeek:

Online Now