Return to “Games”

The Culling

I am surprised such a great early access game has not made it on to the LT forums. Long story short this game is a complete clone of the hunger games free for all death match scenario. I bought the game for $15 and have put around 70 hours into it and i still love the game. I would say if you are interested to avoid the Culling steam "discussions" and the Culling Reddit because as with any game the masses enjoy, those forums have turned into one giant blob of hate.

If you think you would be interested in short 20 minute games, fast paced combat, and have a sense of humor, I suggest buying the game as soon as possible.

WARNING: As with all early access games, do not expect to be able to run this game with anything less than a 860m or higher laptop graphics card, for desktop graphics cards looks the the 660ti is about as low as someone can go and still get around 45+ fps. Also, game is full of bugs and is poorly optimized.

Warning #2: Servers are only located in Central Europe, East Coast of North America, and Australia. If you do not live within distance of those regions it is not worth buying because of the lag, Servers are being added regularly though so if your interested keep up with the updates. (West Coast US, Asia, Russia, and South America servers are all planned before the final release of the game)

Trailer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KnNHBYZGo4s

Steam
http://store.steampowered.com/app/437220/

Also, my very own terrible game play video.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nYchdQ7R4ls

~football13tb
Re: The Culling

I almost thought you were a bot. :P Posting here so none of the other mods think you're a bot. Welcome! :wave: Will also warn you, though, that multiplayer games generally don't get quite as good a reception here, among people who are primarily players of single-player games. :) (We're still generally pretty amiable, though. ;) )
Have a question? Send me a PM! || I have a Patreon page up for REKT now! || People talking in IRC over the past two hours: Image

Oh I'm aware. My username "football13tb" used to be the one I used on this forum about 6-12 months ago but for some reason my credentials disappeared between now and then so i had to recreate my account. I guess I probably should have posted elsewhere first so i didn't look like some click-bait bot lol.

Anyways, I am also aware the community is a huge fan of single player games (as am I). This is just a unique game that I think was done right which is why I posted it here. That, and to advertise my 10 views YouTube video I uploaded a week ago :ghost:

~football13tb

I have a reflexive twitch aversion to anything based on the plot of The Hunger Games. It could be a great game... but I get annoyed at the plethora of media attention (movie, book, and game) paid to that franchise even though I liked the series itself.

MyrddinE wrote:I have a reflexive twitch aversion to anything based on the plot of The Hunger Games. It could be a great game... but I get annoyed at the plethora of media attention (movie, book, and game) paid to that franchise even though I liked the series itself.
I just hate arena games, give me either a linear plot, or a free and open world.
°˖◝(ಠ‸ಠ)◜˖°
WebGL Spaceships and Trails
<Cuisinart8> apparently without the demon driving him around Silver has the intelligence of a botched lobotomy patient ~ Mar 04 2020
console.log(`What's all ${this} ${Date.now()}`);

Online Now