Return to “Games”

Re: IronDuke's Pinball Game

I played a pinball demo a long long time ago. I cannot remember the name but hitting certain things got military vehicles to move or enemies to deploy and you could blow them up. There was an objective you had to complete on each board. Like launching a rocket or something. IronDuke's Pinball could work :p
Image "Everyone needs to have their avatar's edited to have afros." -Charley Deallus

Some advice to aspiring 3-d modellers: do not make the high-poly models first. They are a pain in the butt to edit compared to the low-poly ones, if you decide later to change something. :oops: I'm just skipping narrowing the entrance for the ring/horseshoe/ring-of-fire in the center, because lazy. :monkey: Also, if you want to have different LODs for a model, it's much easier to do a smooth subdivide function on the model to increase polycount (AFAIK) than to try reducing polys.

BTW, new question. Who has NOT played 3D Pinball Space Cadet?? :lol: :ghost:

Edit: Yeah, just skipping LOD for the board for now. Maybe that can come as a post-release thing, since I have no clue how to easily decrease the polycount of the model. Remodelling from scratch would be easier, but would take a while. I can just do that later. Besides, it's not like a 2479 vertice board is worth the poly cut. :ghost:

--IronDuke
Knowledge is Power, and Power goes in Cars.
I-War 2 thread
Epic Limit Theory Limerick

Just one thing to note about Space Cadet pinball:

It was originally part of a set of three pinball tables released in a game called Full Tilt! Pinball (the other two were Skullduggery and Dragon's Keep). I had it as a kid and they're all great. Spent lots of time on Dragon's Keep.

The version of Space Cadet in Full Tilt! is better than the one bundled with Windows (despite being made first) because the bundled version is designed to run on all graphics cards, and at 640x480. Additionally, it has a few extras (completing a mission gives you a replay; entering a wormhole of the same colour that is lit locks the ball - doing this three times activates multiball; when you enter a lane that's already lit, it becomes unlit).

If you're going to replay it, get the Full Tilt! version.
Games I like, in order of how much I like them. (Now permanent and updated regularly!)

DigitalDuck wrote:MULTIBALL
MULTIBALL???????????!!!!!!!!!!!!! :shock: :shock: :shock: :o :o :o

If I'd known that thing had a multiball I'd have bought the bundle ten years ago!!! :squirrel: :squirrel: :squirrel:
Time to hunt! :ghost:

Also, my game has a multiball that you get from shooting the ring twice in (very) rapid succession. The coolest part is, if you shoot the ring a third time quickly, you get another 2 balls, and if you shoot a fourth time, you get another 2 balls, and so on. :twisted: I've only ever gotten a tripleshot twice though...

--IronDuke
I-War 2 thread

Another screenie:
WeenieScreenie2.jpg
WeenieScreenie2.jpg (213.68 KiB) Viewed 1321 times
I switched from gamma lighting to linear lighting, now that a Unity bug preventing this got fixed. Also added the little doors on the tunnels, optimized some stuff, tweaked some stuff, all those small things.
Now my eyes hurt from staring at the screen for 5 hours. :oops: :monkey:

--IronDuke
I-War 2 thread

*Everybody marks on calendar in month October*

-IronDuke's Pinball game gets released this month!-

*Everybody thinks a little*

-IronDuke's Pinball game is supposed to release this month!-

:ghost:
I am Groot.
Please don't take my advice. You will wind up in jail if you do.
For some reason, I feel obliged to display how many people have talked in IRC over the past 2 hours: Image :problem:
:ugeek:

Sneak peek of a new board under construction: Black Hole, a space themed board. (I gotta start calling them tables, not boards. :oops:)
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B-pHE ... 0h1UkNOUXM
If more than 3 people besides Detritus ask me for a video of the game, I'll make good on my ancient promise from my last post and record one. :squirrel: Otherwise, it's probably not worth the effort.
Me making another board table means that everything in the Ring of Fire board table is complete. :D Making new boards tables should be fast, since I set up all the code and whatnot to very easily create entirely new and different boards tables.

--IronDuke
I-War 2 thread

Now we just need another person asking, because I want to watch that video as well. That screenie of the red "table" looks pretty good.

* Etsu puts his ballot in the box *
"Playing" is not simply a pastime, it is the primordial basis of imagination and creation. - Hideo Kojima

Online Now