Return to “Games”

Re: IronDuke's Pinball Game

Still being actively worked on. :D I switched to a new schedule with the start of 2017 which will enable me to get much more work done on it. It got delayed in the last couple months of 2016 by school, but it now has a daily 4 hour slot, uninterruptible by anything except the bathroom. :ghost:
And yep, free copy still a go for people who ask me here. :squirrel:

And actually, since at this point I need to just finish the bloody thing and get it released, I'm not going to make any more changes to the Ring of Fire table. If you activate a mission, sometimes you are required to hit targets on only one side, so assymetry isn't entirely necessary. IMO. :shifty: I know I have a silly huge amount of fun playing the game. :angel:

--IronDuke

P.S. Clicked my own link in the previous post... dang that table is empty compared to right now... :twisted:
Knowledge is Power, and Power goes in Cars.
I-War 2 thread
Epic Limit Theory Limerick

Almost five months since I've posted. :problem:

Anyway, I've hit something of a wall. I really really really don't want to make more pinball tables, to the point where I'm shying away from opening Unity at all and mostly just pewpewing all day in WoWs. Therefore the game's gonna have just the one table. I've still gotta optimize a few things that were done so horribly as to make me cringe to think of it :ghost: and UI stuff is still just placeholders, so there's still stuff to do.

Basically, I want to be done with this game. Originally it was just a derp project to fool around with and teach myself some things, but turned out so unexpectedly well for a while that I brashly decided to make a full game out of it. Now, I want to work on other projects, since I feel I can't learn anything more from this one, and have rather burned out on working on it.

As for what to do with it when it's done, that's a tougher question. The game as a whole isn't worth five bucks, though with the amount of work I've put into it I'd feel a bit sad charging anything less, so there's a possibility I'll just throw it for free. After all, I'm not gonna be able to get it onto Steam, and anywhere else would never generate much notice, so why bother commercializing it? :think:

The good news is that if I can finally put this thing out of the way I can work on all my other projects with a relatively clear conscience, and not have that pesky nagging feeling that I have higher priorities. :monkey: :ghost:

--IronDuke
I-War 2 thread

IronDuke wrote:
Mon Aug 28, 2017 7:51 pm
The game now is on itch.io at this url.
https://ironduke.itch.io/pinball

I DUN IT I MADE A GAME AND IT'S UPLOADED AND FOR SALE AND WHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!

:squirrel:

--IronDuke
Should I hold you to what you said earlier about the pricing for those in this thread? :P
Congrats on getting a game up and for sale.

IronDuke wrote:
Mon Aug 28, 2017 8:25 pm
though $3 ain't much, I wouldn't be able to afford it unless I mowed somebody's lawn or something. :ghost:
Well don't worry. Once someone buys your game, then you can buy it and play it yourself. :D
I am Groot.
Please don't take my advice. You will wind up in jail if you do.
For some reason, I feel obliged to display how many people have talked in IRC over the past 2 hours: Image :problem:
:ugeek:

IronDuke wrote:
Mon Aug 28, 2017 8:25 pm
Thank you! :mrgreen: People who may want a free copy can PM me on IRC; though $3 ain't much, I wouldn't be able to afford it unless I mowed somebody's lawn or something. :ghost:

--IronDuke
*hears free game*
*is attracted like a moth is to a flame*

If I had money, I'd buy it from you. I don't. D: So... I guess I'll wait for a year or so. Yuss.

IronDuke wrote:
Mon Aug 28, 2017 7:51 pm
The game now is on itch.io at this url.
https://ironduke.itch.io/pinball

I DUN IT I MADE A GAME AND IT'S UPLOADED AND FOR SALE AND WHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!

:squirrel:

--IronDuke
Thanks Mr Duke.. just bought myself a copy :)
Gz :D

My first run: 1,257,800

Can I suggest two things for your next patch release? :)
1) Allow me to press ESC to exit the menu. Having to click "Resume" and move my hands back to the flippers is a task I don't relish when I've more than 2 balls :D 1 is hard enough :P
2) Put , for the scores? It makes it easier to figure out thousands and millions :)

Excellently fun, and very difficult to lose a ball.. makes playing pinball fun again, tyvm :D
YAY PYTHON \o/

In Josh We Trust
-=326.3827=-

Thank you for purchasing and for your kind words! :D

RE suggestions:
1. Initially you could, but it was causing a bug with the enter initials screen. I spent around five hours trying to come up with a good solution, but after discarding a half dozen different attempts that failed dramatically, I decided we'd just have to live with it. I also find it tough to unpause and get-to-da-flippah in time. Once the horrible burnout of crunching to get the game released has faded, I may just tinker with it some more. :shifty:
2. I had intended to do that, but I forgot to. It just plain slipped through the cracks. Since I think it'd be relatively easy to learn how to insert commas, that might be the first thing I try. Or maybe I'll make it wait a second after unpausing, then fade time in quickly. Who knows. :geek:
3. I did have plans for three tables, and that blue one saw a ton of progress, but I saw the warning signs of burnout fast approaching. I sacrificed that table in order to have a pinball game released at all before I'd get too tired of developing it to ever touch it again. This blue table is considerably harder than the one that made the cut, as well as being inherently more interesting, so I was really sad to drop it, but it needed done. :/

--IronDuke
I-War 2 thread

Online Now