Return to “Games”

Post

Re: Stardew Valley

#61
Grandpa's evaluation didn't quite secure me 4 candles. :(
If my calculations and the wiki's info are correct, the only thing preventing full success was the dragging of my feet about upgrading the house and proposing to Emily (I wanted all my friendship work done first).
Fortunately a diamond is easily obtained, thanks to the quarry and my crystalarium.

I've 10 hearts with Sandy and the Wizard now, and Krobus shouldn't be able to resist my advances for long, since it's spring and I'm a botanist. :D
I'm putting off the dwarf till later.

8th of Summer, Year 3 : Krobus is at 10 hearts. I give Emily the Pendant Long Kept.

11th of Summer, Year 3 : Emily is wed to Crabby of Crayfish farm. (Perhaps I only imagined this, but I could have sworn that Clint was absent from the ceremony. He'll still love me, I'm sure.)

15th of Summer, Year 3 : Grandpa bequeaths the Statue of Perfection to farmer Crabby, who has grown exactly 30 wild spring forageables and nothing more, and has not mined beneath the mountain.

Sweet victory! :mrgreen: :squirrel:

Next up:
Building a deluxe coop. Emily and I shall have a rabbit farm together. The dwarf will be befriended using rabbit's feet.
Work will continue with slowly completing bundles with the help of the traveling cart. Once I have level 10 farming from rabbits, I'll begin on the quality crops using mixed seeds exclusively.
Attempting to fill the quarry with mystic stones over the years (unlikely to succeed in this).
"omg such tech many efficiency WOW" ~ Josh Parnell
Post

Re: Stardew Valley

#67
Detritus wrote:Stardew Valley turned one year old on February 26th.

Why am I telling you this, and why now, instead of in February when I should have?

I am telling you this because Stardew Valley is awesome. I am telling you now instead of in February because I... don't... check the site... often. :shifty:
Sooo...should buy? I'm not really selled on this game. Can you tell me why I should buy it?
Automation engineer, lateral thinker, soldier, addicted to music, books and gaming.
Nothing to see here
Flatfingers wrote: 23.01.2017: "Show me the smoldering corpse of Perfectionist Josh"
Post

Re: Stardew Valley

#70
Talvieno wrote:It's fun. It's one of those games that seems terribly boring from the concept, but the execution is flawless enough to make it very engaging and fun. ...provided you aren't one of those gamers that are only satisfied by warfare and killing things. :)
Hmm...no, I like games whee you build things. I would love more games where you build everything from scratch. But this will have to do till then. :ghost:

IronDuke wrote: [img]

More seriously, though, you should probably go read some reviews on it because they'll put it way better than I can, considering my horrible ineptness at correct communication. :ghost:
I think "horrible ineptness" is an understatement, considering that picture. I would have used...other words... :think:
Automation engineer, lateral thinker, soldier, addicted to music, books and gaming.
Nothing to see here
Flatfingers wrote: 23.01.2017: "Show me the smoldering corpse of Perfectionist Josh"
Post

Re: Stardew Valley

#71
JanB1 wrote:
Talvieno wrote:It's fun. It's one of those games that seems terribly boring from the concept, but the execution is flawless enough to make it very engaging and fun. ...provided you aren't one of those gamers that are only satisfied by warfare and killing things. :)
Hmm...no, I like games whee you build things. I would love more games where you build everything from scratch. But this will have to do till then. :ghost:
Get this game. Get. This. Game. You can't go wrong with it.
Image
Have a question? Send me a PM! || People talking in IRC over the past two hours: Image
Post

Re: Stardew Valley

#72
JanB1 wrote: Hmm...no, I like games where you build things. I would love more games where you build everything from scratch, but this will have to do till then. :ghost:
You start out with a horribly dilapidated, overgrown farm, some rusty implements, and a tiny pile of cash. Darn near scratch if you ask me; any more and you'd have to be building planet Earth itself to begin. :ghost:

--IronDuke
Moving toward the future at 60 minutes per hour.
I-War 2 thread
Epic Limit Theory Limerick
Post

Re: Stardew Valley

#74
Talvieno wrote:
JanB1 wrote:
Talvieno wrote:It's fun. It's one of those games that seems terribly boring from the concept, but the execution is flawless enough to make it very engaging and fun. ...provided you aren't one of those gamers that are only satisfied by warfare and killing things. :)
Hmm...no, I like games whee you build things. I would love more games where you build everything from scratch. But this will have to do till then. :ghost:
Get this game. Get. This. Game. You can't go wrong with it.
Okay, okay. Got it. I'll buy it. :shock:

IronDuke wrote:
JanB1 wrote: Hmm...no, I like games where you build things. I would love more games where you build everything from scratch, but this will have to do till then. :ghost:
You start out with a horribly dilapidated, overgrown farm, some rusty implements, and a tiny pile of cash. Darn near scratch if you ask me; any more and you'd have to be building planet Earth itself to begin. :ghost:

--IronDuke
You never played spore before, eh? ;)
Automation engineer, lateral thinker, soldier, addicted to music, books and gaming.
Nothing to see here
Flatfingers wrote: 23.01.2017: "Show me the smoldering corpse of Perfectionist Josh"

Online Now

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

cron