Return to “Games”

Re: Stardew Valley

Talvieno wrote:DWMagus said his wife wouldn't stop playing. :)
To re-iterate; my wife isn't a gamer. She has maybe 5 games on her steam account (most recent purchase was Mass Effect 2). So when I look over and she's playing this game for more than a few minutes, it means that it at least has her interested. Looks fun from what I gather.
Early Spring - 1055: Well, I made it to Boatmurdered, and my initial impressions can be set forth in three words: What. The. F*ck.

I've looked at it and it looks like farming, character development, some combat, and romantic options(dunno if they are just minor additions to the story or if this is a romantic story).

Looks interesting enough. Maybe a sale buy.
Image "Everyone needs to have their avatar's edited to have afros." -Charley Deallus

DWMagus wrote:
Talvieno wrote:DWMagus said his wife wouldn't stop playing. :)
To re-iterate; my wife isn't a gamer. She has maybe 5 games on her steam account (most recent purchase was Mass Effect 2). So when I look over and she's playing this game for more than a few minutes, it means that it at least has her interested. Looks fun from what I gather.
Ooh, wow. Doesn't quite look like my kind of thing, but that's pretty awesome. The AI/romance/story stuff is a neat addition too. Is the world procedurally generated?
Have a question? Send me a PM! || I have a Patreon page up for REKT now! || People talking in IRC over the past two hours: Image

I grew up playing Harvest Moon nonstop (actually mostly the same Harvest Moon game nonstop) so I sometimes think I've drained all the fun out of the HM-style farming game experience. But wow, those reviews are so good that I have to consider this one anyway.

Silverware wrote:I hate grindy games. And yet this gets a non-negative rating from what little I have done with it. :)
:thumbup:
Making grinding relaxing is oddly satisfying. I've been looking forward to this game for a long time, I got it but haven't had much time with it yet. Always been a fan of Harvest Moon type games. Provided they don't have a fixed "end point" like some of them have. Therefore more sandbox in nature. Not sure if Stardew Valley is or not.

That and there was talk earlier on about it getting Multiplayer/Co-Op I think... not sure if that is still intended or on the cards.

TGS wrote:
Silverware wrote:I hate grindy games. And yet this gets a non-negative rating from what little I have done with it. :)
Making grinding relaxing is oddly satisfying. I've been looking forward to this game for a long time, I got it but haven't had much time with it yet. Always been a fan of Harvest Moon type games. Provided they don't have a fixed "end point" like some of them have. Therefore more sandbox in nature. Not sure if Stardew Valley is or not.

That and there was talk earlier on about it getting Multiplayer/Co-Op I think... not sure if that is still intended or on the cards.
Holy F*ck this game is addicting. I believe there is already a coop mode or I so I believe. I am halfway through the summer. Fishing is my major income but I am not without a heart. The ladies beckon.
Image "Everyone needs to have their avatar's edited to have afros." -Charley Deallus

Charley_Deallus wrote:
TGS wrote:

Holy F*ck this game is addicting. I believe there is already a coop mode or I so I believe. I am halfway through the summer. Fishing is my major income but I am not without a heart. The ladies beckon.
LOL. If there is a Co-Op mode, I haven't seen any sign of it, though as I said. I haven't really been playing it much. I might start playing it more.

Online Now