Return to “Games”

Re: Stardew Valley

Spoiler:      SHOW
So I had an idea and made a new farm to try it out. I'm in the second week of fall, year 1, and I've shipped 4344 wheat thus far (I'm over halfway through a harvest that could take me 4 days total to complete).
The only other crops I've grown are a single Starfruit (darn crow ate my second one) and a single parsnip.
My one problem being that I have yet to ding farming level 1.
I hope it's just a monoculture penalty thing and not a progression-blocking bug, 'cuz my plan involves as many kegs as I can stuff into my not-soil space. :problem:
"omg such tech many efficiency WOW" ~ Josh Parnell

Talvieno wrote:<Smartflakes> stardew valley: "please name your new cow" "S...t...e...a...k"
I named my Pigs:

Bacon and Ham
Ducks: Ducksworth & Bathington & Map(How my best friend describes a duck sound instead of Quack)
Chickens: Fried, Grilled, Baked
Cows: Moooooorris, Udders
Rabbit: Bugs
Dinosaurs: Dino, Godzilla

Ahhh the fun
Image "Everyone needs to have their avatar's edited to have afros." -Charley Deallus

IronDuke wrote:
Charley_Deallus wrote: Dinosaurs
You can have dinosaurs in Stardew Valley? :wtf:

--IronDuke
Yeah, they're cuties. Whoops --belated spoiler alert! :ghost:
I forgot to share a little anecdote concerning my first Luau on the Wheat Farm:
I had some kind of respectably edible forageable (a fruit of some sort I think it was) set aside for the potluck,
but on the way there I was digging through trash, as I do, and found something else.
On impulse I threw the newly found and fresh enough fish into the pot.
It was a poisonous fish, and the governor got sick. M'bad! :P

Baile nam Fonn wrote: Yeah, they're cuties. Whoops --belated spoiler alert! :ghost:
I forgot to share a little anecdote concerning my first Luau on the Wheat Farm:
I had some kind of respectably edible forageable (a fruit of some sort I think it was) set aside for the potluck,
but on the way there I was digging through trash, as I do, and found something else.
On impulse I threw the newly found and fresh enough fish into the pot.
It was a poisonous fish, and the governor got sick. M'bad! :P
would you like to taste my delicious fugu fish? :V

I've a strong suspicion that scythe harvests do not grant farming xp.
Harvested >5000 wheat in first summer & fall, no levels gained; harvested ~15 Bok Choy from a small kitchen garden plot and ding!
I haven't been able to find any mention of this in the subreddit or wiki, but now I want to perform some Science! to confirm it.

Also, I have a hankering to suss out the optimal scarecrow coverage for a max-crops farm.
I'm working on the assumption that 100% coverage is overkill and that average crow-noms per harvest (of wheat, in my case --# of days of crow vulnerability would certainly affect this statistic) should be weighted against tillable tiles occupied by scarecrows. :geek:

Also, my experiences have led me to conclude that coffee (plural?) is money well spent on harvest days.

Spoiler tag warranted (re: Winter Star-mas)!
Harvey got me something very very nice this year for Winter Star-mas. :mrgreen: (wayyyyy better than Jas: "Here, I found a piece of clay on the beach.. :angel:" Little brat.)
Haley was my secret friend so I regifted Mom's cake to her. :lol:

So, who's pumped to play 1.1?
It's not the much anticipated co-op, but a coffee farm (with homegrown brewing) is now a possibility. :squirrel:
And milling wheat or beets for flour or sugar is in.
And blue-and-cranberries got the nerfbat they deserved.
And there's now a magic clock to banish weeds and fence-degradation from your farm forever.
Themed farms too: bonus points to replayability. :thumbup:

Online Now