Return to “Games”

Wildman: An "Evolutionary" Action RPG

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/gas ... action-rpg

well now Chris Taylor has joined in making a KS, (and this one is the same guy who did TA, supcom and others

he is askinmg for 1.1 million dollars, and at the time of writing has raised over $223,812 so doing pretty well, and has 27 days to go, I backed it at the $45 level, seems to be a good value digital only tier

as for the game itself, it will be an ARPG mixed with RTS elements, if the game gets funded it will be out in 2014, that year is certainly looking good for PC gaming)

also CT did an update saying that he had to fire some of his staff, as he putting a big gamble on this KS, and wanted to know if the KS should be cancelled, and even if he sells of his company (I guess he been suffering from a lot of hardships recently? then again I wasn't keen on supcom 2 even though supcom was a classic, but his other games were also good, I backed this, I didn't at first, but if this succeeds it might certainly be a good game to play

check it out
Re: Wildman: An "Evolutionary" Action RPG

The game definitely looks interesting.

However, all the other games that are mentioned that he created (Demigod, Supreme Commander, Dungeon Siege, and Total Annihilation) were good, but they were missing something that kept me from finishing them. I've actually played all four of those other games, but never beat them because I just stopped playing after a little bit. Not sure what it was, but they just didn't have that one thing that keeps you engrossed to the end.

I'm not pledging, but I do wish them luck, and I hope it's good because most of their concepts have been great.
Early Spring - 1055: Well, I made it to Boatmurdered, and my initial impressions can be set forth in three words: What. The. F*ck.

TA was only mentioned for the music score. Nice but *shrug*.
Dungeon Siege and SupCom for gameplay - and that's why I probably won't be spending any money on this.
TA had "soul" why SubCom seemed to be more about sand-blasting the enemy position with a continuous stream of bland units.
There is no "I" in Tea. That would be gross.

They need more to "sell" this idea. Even concept art would be nice:

- Evolution system
- How does transition from RPG to "skirmish" and vice versa look?
- What sort of scale are we talking about?
- What makes the ARPG part different from the eleventy million other ARPGs on the market?

I imagine we'll see some answers as time goes on.

Online Now