Return to “Games”

Rain World

We don't have a topic for this yet? Heresy!
Rain World is a survival platformer set in a strange ecosystem where staying outside in the rain is deadly, where you play as an adorable slugcat who tries to find enough food to survive and not get eaten. The movement is physics based in a very special way, that makes it seem very fluid, because they use separate limbs for all bodyparts and stuff. The predators you try to evade also have pretty clever AI.

It looks very pretty.
PS: adorable slugcat pups
Warning: do not ask about physics unless you really want to know about physics.
The LT IRC / Alternate link || The REKT Wiki || PUDDING
Re: Rain World

When I read "Rain World," what I imagined was not a brightly-colored platformer but rather a game that lets me explore a rainy world.

Like Kamino. Or this (the other-worldly Glencoe:
Spoiler:      SHOW
Or this:
Spoiler:      SHOW
Or a world of storm-lashed archipelagos, or sodden jungles, or rainy sub-boreal coniferous forests... but I guess I can keep waiting for that game.

Meanwhile, apologies for this diversion from the actual Rain World. ;)

I remember Uru. Right tone, wrong level of technical sophistication and scale, but fairly in the ballpark. :thumbup:
Dinosawer wrote:I have one too! It's called "living in Belgium". Great graphical fidelity, but the game is kinda gray. And the background political simulation sucks.
The same can be said of the U.S. Northwest.

The gray goes with the raininess, so that's fine, but the rest must be considered a severe bug in the code.

:lol:

Flatfingers wrote:I remember Uru. Right tone, wrong level of technical sophistication and scale, but fairly in the ballpark. :thumbup:
It's a nice game, and very pretty for its time, but there was a lot they could've done to improve the gameplay, I think. Still fun. :) I'm always looking for other similar games, but have yet to find any.

Back on topic: I really love how fluid Rain World looks.
Have a question? Send me a PM! || I have a Patreon page up for REKT now! || People talking in IRC over the past two hours: Image

Online Now