Return to “Games”

Carrier Command

Anyone played the remake from BI? Any good?

I loved the original in the Amiga days of yore, and was tempted by the recent remake. However I read the reports of poor game-breaking pathing so have held off.

Recently I saw that a patch was added, but I've not heard if it sorted the problem. Anyone tried it?
Re: Carrier Command

juding from the steam comments, the game is still very broken, the main issue is pathing of the Walrus (land unit) I think the patch only partly fixes this, (but I think this is already included in the steam version??) basically, the game was rushed, there were tonnes of complaints about the patching issues, but not really addressed, there is also a crappy FPS element at the start of the game, *which people don't like)

I not got the game, I was tempted to get it early on, but comments from those that were in the beta were saying worrying things, like their threads were getting ignored, bugs were ignored, and more, so the game is a buggy mess

worth it? not unless they fix the patching issues, and I can't say when that will be

and the AI is really bad, and loads of issues

I would avoid like the plague

not sure if you played this game

Hostile Waters

http://www.gog.com/gamecard/hostile_wat ... eus_rising

while not a real carrier command game, (you have very little control of the carrier, and you can't choose where to go, as the game is story driven, but it's a great game, its narrated by Tom Baker (Doctor Who) and has a couple of Blake Seven stars, you have aircraft and ground combat

if you never played it, I highly recomend it, and its recently been added to GOG's library

I have the disk somewhere, but getting the game again is something I might do, not played HW in ages, while the AI could be better, its a perfectly fine game to play

matthewfarmery wrote:not sure if you played this game

Hostile Waters
Played it years ago, and just picked it up recently from GOG. They make it too easy to re-buy games you already own, simply to avoid the hassles of DRM and getting it to run on current systems!

Online Now