Steam Sale Time!

Discuss games not related to Limit Theory.

Re: Steam Sale Time!

Postby JFSOCC » Fri Jun 24, 2016 4:00 pm

I got 461 hours in FTL: Faster Than Light and it's on sale for 3 Euro (so about 4 dollars? maybe 5?)
so yeah, don't buy it, we'll never get LT that way.
JFSOCC
Lieutenant

Postby JoshParnell » Fri Jun 24, 2016 4:09 pm

JFSOCC wrote:I got 461 hours in FTL: Faster Than Light and it's on sale for 3 Euro (so about 4 dollars? maybe 5?)

Holy....that's impressive. Thanks for the heads-up, will avoid at all costs :lol: Although I am not allowed to play games at the office, other than LT :) The boss is always watching...:ghost:
“Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.” ~ Henry Ford
JoshParnell
Developer

Postby IronDuke » Fri Jun 24, 2016 4:16 pm

JoshParnell wrote:EDIT: Also, Alexandra made an absurdly huge, amazing, bad@$$ capital ship that looks like a scorpion (it's on steam workshop) :clap:

Giz me screenie? I wanna see if better than mine. :ghost:

--IronDuke
Moving toward the future at 60 minutes per hour.
I-War 2 thread
Epic Limit Theory Limerick
IronDuke
Rear Admiral

Location: The other end of the weapons barrage that's killing you. :3

Postby Talvieno » Fri Jun 24, 2016 4:17 pm

JoshParnell wrote:
JFSOCC wrote:I got 461 hours in FTL: Faster Than Light and it's on sale for 3 Euro (so about 4 dollars? maybe 5?)

Holy....that's impressive. Thanks for the heads-up, will avoid at all costs :lol: Although I am not allowed to play games at the office, other than LT :) The boss is always watching...:ghost:

Indeed I am. :ghost: :twisted: :squirrel:

((I had to take the joke before someone else did. =D ))
Have a question? Send me a PM!
Talvieno
Community Manager

Postby AlexWasLike » Fri Jun 24, 2016 5:29 pm

IronDuke wrote:
JoshParnell wrote:EDIT: Also, Alexandra made an absurdly huge, amazing, bad@$$ capital ship that looks like a scorpion (it's on steam workshop) :clap:

Giz me screenie? I wanna see if better than mine. :ghost:

--IronDuke

Here's a link to its Steam Workshop page :V
AlexWasLike
? Mysterious Developer ?

Postby Talvieno » Fri Jun 24, 2016 10:02 pm

JoshParnell wrote:... If any of you do get it, maybe we can get an LT community game set up one of these weekends :)

I would get it just for this, even though I'm trying to save money. :D Assuming you guys actually had time for it.
Have a question? Send me a PM!
Talvieno
Community Manager

Postby AlexWasLike » Fri Jun 24, 2016 10:37 pm

Talvieno wrote:
JoshParnell wrote:... If any of you do get it, maybe we can get an LT community game set up one of these weekends :)

I would get it just for this, even though I'm trying to save money. :D Assuming you guys actually had time for it.

I can't speak for Josh, but I'd be down :0
AlexWasLike
? Mysterious Developer ?

Postby Silverware » Fri Jun 24, 2016 11:23 pm

Hell I might even be down, although I do dislike these sorts of games now, they are too poorly optimized, mostly due to the scale and number of voxels included.
Silverware
Vice Admiral

Postby mcsven » Sat Jun 25, 2016 6:30 am

DOOM.

Glad I waited, got 40% off.

It RoXorZ.
mcsven
Captain

Postby FormalMoss » Sat Jun 25, 2016 4:03 pm

AlexWasLike wrote:Games I'm going to get:
[*]Metro: 2033 and Metro: Last Light are both under $3. They're post-apocalyptic shooters that were very under-hyped.[/list]

Have both, yet to get stuck into them.. whenever I get tired of Diablo 3, I suppose. :)

AlexWasLike wrote:Games I've played and can personally recommend:
  1. Her Story is only $5, and is a crime mystery that's waaayyyyy fun to try to solve. It won a bunch of awards this past game awards season. And if you play it, I want to hear your theories!!!

Bought it, thank you. Think I better be sober to play this one.

AlexWasLike wrote:
  • If you want to be hit right in the feels, Life Is Strange is $10 right now. Writing about it is making me want to replay it...

• I love how if you don't do something in Life is Strange, you end up with a completely different story :)
    YAY PYTHON \o/

In Josh We Trust
    -=326.3827=-

FormalMoss
    Captain

Postby AlexWasLike » Sat Jun 25, 2016 6:05 pm

FormalMoss wrote:Bought it, thank you. Think I better be sober to play this one.

YAAAAAS, make a thread about it when you finish it so that we can debate :0

FormalMoss wrote:I love how if you don't do something in Life is Strange, you end up with a completely different story :)

.... T~T
    AlexWasLike
    ? Mysterious Developer ?

Postby Silverware » Sat Jun 25, 2016 7:10 pm

AlexWasLike wrote:
    FormalMoss wrote:Bought it, thank you. Think I better be sober to play this one.

YAAAAAS, make a thread about it when you finish it so that we can debate :0

FormalMoss wrote:I love how if you don't do something in Life is Strange, you end up with a completely different story :)

.... T~T

Murdering all those people is my favorite part. :3
    Silverware
    Vice Admiral

Postby fox » Sun Jun 26, 2016 7:08 am

This year I bought Titan Quest Gold at a steal. Nordic Games has reopened the gates of patching and the game is receiving a tidal wave of bugfixes, skill rebalancing, difficulty tweaking, and the multiplayer mode is back.
    I am surprised that they have not jacked up the price like someone else has been doing...
    Spoiler:      SHOW
    I vaguely remember someone saying "I don't think devs are the moustache-twirling villains you're describing here." -- hm. *mph-mphh!* ha. haha. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAhahaha *giggling* -- oh, it is nothing personal man, just a good laugh. I should probably thank you for it :D

I also bought Dragon Age: Origins - Ultimate Edition. It has been a while since I played a good cRPG. This one should deliver.

And before someone suggests it: No, The Witcher is not for me. God knows I tried. Six times I did. Six times has the game drained all my enthusiasm by the time I reached chapter 5. Enough is enough.
    Of course, no TW2 because it builds up from TW1, and naturally no TW3 because by now I could not care the less about Geralt, his wenches, the odd world they live in or CD Projekt RED and their games.
    fox
    Lieutenant Commander

Postby Cornflakes_91 » Sun Jun 26, 2016 10:10 am

fox wrote:And before someone suggests it: No, The Witcher is not for me. God knows I tried. Six times I did. Six times has the game drained all my enthusiasm by the time I reached chapter 5. Enough is enough.
    Of course, no TW2 because it builds up from TW1, and naturally no TW3 because by now I could not care the less about Geralt, his wenches, the odd world they live in or CD Projekt RED and their games.

Your loss :shrug:
    Cornflakes_91
    Admiral

Postby Vartul » Wed Jun 29, 2016 9:51 am

fox wrote:This year I bought Titan Quest Gold at a steal. Nordic Games has reopened the gates of patching and the game is receiving a tidal wave of bugfixes, skill rebalancing, difficulty tweaking, and the multiplayer mode is back.
    I am surprised that they have not jacked up the price like someone else has been doing...
    Spoiler:      SHOW
    I vaguely remember someone saying "I don't think devs are the moustache-twirling villains you're describing here." -- hm. *mph-mphh!* ha. haha. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAhahaha *giggling* -- oh, it is nothing personal man, just a good laugh. I should probably thank you for it :D

I also bought Dragon Age: Origins - Ultimate Edition. It has been a while since I played a good cRPG. This one should deliver.

And before someone suggests it: No, The Witcher is not for me. God knows I tried. Six times I did. Six times has the game drained all my enthusiasm by the time I reached chapter 5. Enough is enough.

Oh man, Titan Quest is so good. Though it does get rather repetitive and grindy towards the end (a problem shared by pretty much all isometric hack n slash rpgs I've played until now).
    Vartul
    Captain

PreviousNext

Return to Games