Steam Sale Time!

Discuss games not related to Limit Theory.

Re: Steam Sale Time!

Postby Charley_Deallus » Sat Nov 28, 2015 5:21 pm

BMRX wrote:Got my hands on The Forest. Sweet game.

I have been looking at it since it was announced...but I am not a good person when it comes to horror games. And it looks amazing(ly horrible). I am the type who jumps, swears, and decides "I'm just gonna cheat so that I don't have to worry about dying" and then after that, it goes downhill. Haha

Some games that I saw were heavily discounted(Under $10 USD) and had good reviews:

1. Wolfenstein: The New Order 8.99USD
2. Endless Legend (I am gonna grab it in the next few days before the sale ends I believe). 10.19USD
3. All of the Bioshock games(I played the first one YEARS ago but never finished it. I think I pirated it so I might want to legitimately buy it this time around). 3.99USD, 3.99USD, 7.49USD(in order)
4. The Walking Dead 6.24USD
5. Terraria (I can never seem to pull the trigger on it) 3.39USD
6. Game Dev Tycoon 6.39USD
Last edited by Charley_Deallus on Sat Nov 28, 2015 5:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"Everyone needs to have their avatar's edited to have afros." -Charley Deallus
Charley_Deallus
Vice Admiral

Postby BMRX » Sat Nov 28, 2015 7:02 pm

Charley_Deallus wrote:
BMRX wrote:Got my hands on The Forest. Sweet game.

I have been looking at it since it was announced...but I am not a good person when it comes to horror games. And it looks amazing(ly horrible). I am the type who jumps, swears, and decides "I'm just gonna cheat so that I don't have to worry about dying" and then after that, it goes downhill. Haha

This game would be great with a friend, someone to confide your fear in at least. It's kinda scary I guess. Nothing has really made me "jump", turns out if you're quick enough you can play the game without being noticed by the cannibals. I intend to move far away from their cave and base so that I can build up a base then draw them to me. My plan is to build effigies with their corpses whilst eating them (they seem to be a bountiful food supply and from what I've gathered they can be eaten).

I'm pretty excited all and all. Just wish I had someone to help.
:D
BMRX
Commander

Postby Cornflakes_91 » Fri Dec 11, 2015 2:34 pm

Not quite steam sale, but i just saw that GoG has earth 2150 & 2160 discounted to 1.16€ each, if you want good old-school RTS gameplay with simple unit design, go get the games, they are awesome :thumbup:
Cornflakes_91
Admiral

Postby Dinosawer » Thu Jun 23, 2016 12:45 pm

And it's that time of the year again and Steam has completely crashed. Yay! :ghost:
No sale on Ori and the Blind forest, which I really wanted to pick up. :think:
Warning: do not ask about physics unless you really want to know about physics.
The LT IRC / Alternate link || The REKT Wiki || PUDDING
Dinosawer
Admiral

Postby plillevold » Thu Jun 23, 2016 2:16 pm

Don't think they plan to discount it but: Factorio.

It is Sandbox. And based on the start and endgame, it is Space :angel:

...and conveyor belts...And laser turrets...and trains! What more could one possibly desire :D

And I should add: despite it being Early Access, it is rock solid. Aaand it have stolen 100+ hours of my life so far.
old-fashioned :ghost:
plillevold
Commander

Postby Dinosawer » Thu Jun 23, 2016 3:08 pm

Yeah, they don't plan on discounting it (ever, afaik), so no need to get it right now. Already high on my wishlist, though. :)
I might just pick up XCOM2 and try to make my backlog smaller this year :ghost:
Dinosawer
Admiral

Postby Baile nam Fonn » Fri Jun 24, 2016 7:27 am

Factorio devs have been plenty clear about their no discounts policy. I respect that. I would say they've priced it well.

I'm eyeballing Prison Architect. Decided against Crashlands for now. That's about it for me, as I'm strangely not inclined to shell out for JC3 or Tomb Raider at this time.
"omg such tech many efficiency WOW" ~ Josh Parnell
Baile nam Fonn
Rear Admiral

Postby Mistycica » Fri Jun 24, 2016 7:39 am

Time for the great event of Annual Gift XCOM Complete To Friends At 75% Off!
panic
Mistycica
Captain

Postby gordogomez » Fri Jun 24, 2016 8:46 am

Just to let you know, even though factorio is 20USD on steam, you can get it on GOG for 11USD.
gordogomez
Recruit

Postby Dinosawer » Fri Jun 24, 2016 9:55 am

gordogomez wrote:Just to let you know, even though factorio is 20USD on steam, you can get it on GOG for 11USD.

GOG price is also €20 for me :?
Dinosawer
Admiral

Postby gordogomez » Fri Jun 24, 2016 12:41 pm

Dinosawer wrote:GOG price is also €20 for me :?

Hmmm, then GOG price must be location related. Sorry :D
gordogomez
Recruit

Postby Talvieno » Fri Jun 24, 2016 12:48 pm

It's $20 on GOG for me too.
Have a question? Send me a PM!
Talvieno
Community Manager

Postby AlexWasLike » Fri Jun 24, 2016 2:05 pm

Games I'm going to get:
  1. The Talos Principle is $10 right now. It's a first-person puzzle game, which y'all may not be used to, but if you're a big fan of sci-fi or games that are heavy on philosophy, then you'll probably love it.
  2. Deadly Premonition and D4: Dark Dreams Don't Die are both under $5 right now. They're both incredibly weird but quietly brilliant, or so I've heard.
  3. Metro: 2033 and Metro: Last Light are both under $3. They're post-apocalyptic shooters that were very under-hyped.

Games I've played and can personally recommend:
  1. Her Story is only $5, and is a crime mystery that's waaayyyyy fun to try to solve. It won a bunch of awards this past game awards season. And if you play it, I want to hear your theories!!!
  2. Empyrion: Galactic Survival is under $15 right now. I got about 60 hours of play out of it, and Josh got about 110.
  3. If you want to be hit right in the feels, Life Is Strange is $10 right now. Writing about it is making me want to replay it...
AlexWasLike
? Mysterious Developer ?

Postby gordogomez » Fri Jun 24, 2016 3:27 pm

Talvieno wrote:It's $20 on GOG for me too.

Apparently, GOG has regional pricing. I live in Argentina, so that's why I usually see games a lot cheaper on GOG than on Steam.
gordogomez
Recruit

Postby JoshParnell » Fri Jun 24, 2016 3:31 pm

AlexWasLike wrote:.... Empyrion: Galactic Survival is under $15 right now. I got about 60 hours of play out of it, and Josh got about 110.

Which, by the way, is the maximum number of hours of fun I can get out of any game these days that's not already grandfathered in (Morrowind, Freelancer, and CSS :P ). So it's high praise and I highly recommend Empyrion!! I think it's something a lot of you guys would enjoy ;) If any of you do get it, maybe we can get an LT community game set up one of these weekends :)

Definitely can't wait to check out the offerings when I get home from work. Fingers crossed for some wishlist discounted goodies :D

EDIT: Also, Alexandra made an absurdly huge, amazing, bad@$$ capital ship that looks like a scorpion (it's on steam workshop) :clap:
“Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.” ~ Henry Ford
JoshParnell
Developer

PreviousNext

Return to Games