Steam Sale Time!

Discuss games not related to Limit Theory.

Re: Steam Sale Time!

Postby FormalMoss » Wed Jun 29, 2016 11:46 am

Vartul wrote:
fox wrote:This year I bought Titan Quest Gold at a steal. Nordic Games has reopened the gates of patching and the game is receiving a tidal wave of bugfixes, skill rebalancing, difficulty tweaking, and the multiplayer mode is back.
I am surprised that they have not jacked up the price like someone else has been doing...
Spoiler:      SHOW
I vaguely remember someone saying "I don't think devs are the moustache-twirling villains you're describing here." -- hm. *mph-mphh!* ha. haha. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAhahaha *giggling* -- oh, it is nothing personal man, just a good laugh. I should probably thank you for it :D

I also bought Dragon Age: Origins - Ultimate Edition. It has been a while since I played a good cRPG. This one should deliver.

And before someone suggests it: No, The Witcher is not for me. God knows I tried. Six times I did. Six times has the game drained all my enthusiasm by the time I reached chapter 5. Enough is enough.
Of course, no TW2 because it builds up from TW1, and naturally no TW3 because by now I could not care the less about Geralt, his wenches, the odd world they live in or CD Projekt RED and their games.

Oh man, Titan Quest is so good. Though it does get rather repetitive and grindy towards the end (a problem shared by pretty much all isometric hack n slash rpgs I've played until now).

+1
I loved Titan Quest in its day.. nowadays, as you so rightly mention, it does get kinda grindy, but that's where you can mod your saves and save you time :)

Hmm.. a Shame Diablo 3 falls into this category also.
Especially Season 6 :sigh:
YAY PYTHON \o/

In Josh We Trust
-=326.3827=-

FormalMoss
Captain

Postby FormalMoss » Wed Jun 29, 2016 11:52 am

Cornflakes_91 wrote:
fox wrote:And before someone suggests it: No, The Witcher is not for me. God knows I tried. Six times I did. Six times has the game drained all my enthusiasm by the time I reached chapter 5. Enough is enough.
Of course, no TW2 because it builds up from TW1, and naturally no TW3 because by now I could not care the less about Geralt, his wenches, the odd world they live in or CD Projekt RED and their games.

Your loss :shrug:

Oh Noes, Fox.
I have tried TW1 and TW2 and was not impressed with it's divergence from the usual fps/3ps arpg fare I am used to.
I even went out and bought TW3 on the XBox One, when it was released, but 5 minutes in, the slowness of the horse mounting/dismounting peeved me to no end, and I didn't play it again.
Until May 29th. It came out for the PC. I installed it, and got used to the horse, and explored and loved it. It is such a major departure from the previous incarnations (the GUI interface, the playstyle has to be done with controller) and I'm looking forward to my next visit to Geralt-ville (although I've yet to get my own town).

If I could, I'd send you a copy.
YAY PYTHON \o/

In Josh We Trust
-=326.3827=-

FormalMoss
Captain

Postby Mistycica » Wed Jun 29, 2016 1:58 pm

FormalMoss wrote:GUI interface
panic
Mistycica
Captain

Postby fox » Wed Jun 29, 2016 4:43 pm

Vartul wrote:Oh man, Titan Quest is so good. Though it does get rather repetitive and grindy towards the end (a problem shared by pretty much all isometric hack n slash rpgs I've played until now).

Yeah, all H&S games take the grindy path at some point. It is kind of a congenital flaw of the genre, but a necessary evil -- somewhat. Good thing the multiplayer is back in Titan Quest. Grinding is a lot more bearable when with friends.

@ Mistycica:
That was naughty :lol:

@ FormalMoss:
Kind you are, but I will survive without TW3. Do not worry. And I got plenty of games to fill dead times with.
Hm, okay, currently I have more games than time -- not that I complain, being busy is a good thing. I would not want to end up like those who spend all day long surfing forums, posting something, anything, on every argument being touched, as long as it raises their post count and makes them visible, who cares. Makes you wonder if they have a social life at all. Or if that is what they actually call "social"... :crazy:
Anyway, I am making a very special exception for Tital Quest -a game I know well- which I am ready to play at a moment's notice (as soon as the patch is out of beta, in fact).
But any other game I could get my hands on would only gather e-dust in my library now.
fox
Lieutenant Commander

Postby darker70 » Wed Jul 06, 2016 5:30 am

JoshParnell wrote:
AlexWasLike wrote:.... Empyrion: Galactic Survival is under $15 right now. I got about 60 hours of play out of it, and Josh got about 110.

Which, by the way, is the maximum number of hours of fun I can get out of any game these days that's not already grandfathered in (Morrowind, Freelancer, and CSS :P ). So it's high praise and I highly recommend Empyrion!! I think it's something a lot of you guys would enjoy ;) If any of you do get it, maybe we can get an LT community game set up one of these weekends :)

Definitely can't wait to check out the offerings when I get home from work. Fingers crossed for some wishlist discounted goodies :D

EDIT: Also, Alexandra made an absurdly huge, amazing, bad@$$ capital ship that looks like a scorpion (it's on steam workshop) :clap:

I was so tempted very nearly backed the original KS,no doubt will be reduced again as this is the 2nd time at 8.99 GBP it been reduced,plumped for The Secret World instead same price it's BTP so not a bad bargain for the base game,also a complete maniac for all those Cuthulu conspiracy theory type games. :)
darker70
Captain

Postby Geraldine » Mon Aug 08, 2016 10:53 pm

Yes, there are many great games out there, but sometimes I just want to relax with something after a hard day. So, of late, I have been messing around in Flight Sim (FSX) again. Old prop liners rule by the way! :ghost:
Geraldine ;)
Smile People, Space Sims Are Coming Back!
Happy Days Are Here Again :D
Keeping The Faith In Josh Since 2012 :)
Geraldine
Ensign

Location: Sunny Scotland. Anarchy System Tech Level 0 No Police Presence. Enter At Own Risk!

Postby Talvieno » Thu Apr 20, 2017 6:28 pm

Arise, ye olde thread from ancient days.

Saint's Row 2 is free on GoG for the next 33 hours or so. You'll have to log in to grab it. :)
Have a question? Send me a PM!
Talvieno
Community Manager

Postby Lum » Thu Apr 20, 2017 11:27 pm

I did it yesterday. I don't know any of these Saint's Row games, but in my GoG-Library it is :ghost:
Lum
Vice Admiral

Postby Cornflakes_91 » Fri Apr 21, 2017 2:11 am

Lum wrote:I did it yesterday. I don't know any of these Saint's Row games, but in my GoG-Library it is :ghost:

GTA but not taking itself serious at all.

GTA has mechanics that are derpy but story that acts like its serious.

SR3 and later (the ones i played) have stories like 70's/80's sci-fi action series (eg Knight Rider) and have mechanics to match.
And it gets only worse with the progress of the series.

Spoiler:      SHOW
SR3 has a helicarrier, govt agencies with laser rifles and fart in a glass as grenades.
SR4 has aliens invading earth and you defeating them.
SR4.5 (gat out of hell) has you attack hell with a two person team and kick the devils ass out of hell :ghost:
Cornflakes_91
Admiral

Postby Lum » Fri Apr 21, 2017 3:36 am

Thanks Flakes!
SR2 should be the best in the series, for I could read in reviews and comments... Because in later installments things got out of hand, as you said :D
Lum
Vice Admiral

Postby Cornflakes_91 » Fri Apr 21, 2017 4:33 am

I say the SR games are good because it gets out of hand :D
Cornflakes_91
Admiral

Postby fox » Fri Apr 21, 2017 4:39 am

Hi,
barring any recent patch I do not know of, Saints Row 2 suffers from timing problems on Windows 7 (I do not know about 8 and 10).
As it turns out, Win7 does not make use of the High Performance Event Timer (HPET) device, but uses the Instructions Counter of the CPU. This generates serious timing issues with some old games, like SR2.

You can force Win7 to use the HPET by means of Microsoft's BCDEdit.exe command-line utility (google is your friend). It takes Admin priviledges, 3 minutes of your time, and a system reboot. The change is permanent until explicitly reverted by you. In case you wonder, the HPET device should be standard issue of every mainboard manufactured since year 2005. Just make sure that the device is enabled from within the BIOS, because it might be turned Off.
fox
Lieutenant Commander

Postby Lum » Fri Apr 21, 2017 7:53 am

I guesses as much, CF ;)

Thank you, fox. I'll take your advise as soon as I test the game!

Edit: Update! After installing the game and adjusting the settings I started a quick game to see if it worked properly. It seems so! :thumbup:
Lum
Vice Admiral

Postby Dinosawer » Wed May 03, 2017 1:07 am

Steam, GOG and Humble all have Star Wars sales because May the 4th and stuff.
Got SW Battlefront II because BMRX said I should, as well as KOTOR 1 and 2. :)
Warning: do not ask about physics unless you really want to know about physics.
The LT IRC / Alternate link || The REKT Wiki || PUDDING
Dinosawer
Admiral

Postby JanB1 » Wed May 03, 2017 2:08 am

Dinosawer wrote:Steam, GOG and Humble all have Star Wars sales because May the 4th and stuff.
Got SW Battlefront II because BMRX said I should, as well as KOTOR 1 and 2. :)

Finally gotta buy "Republic Commando" and "Battlegrounds" for about 5$ total. :D
Automation engineer, lateral thinker, soldier, addicted to music, books and gaming.
Nothing to see here

Flatfingers wrote:23.01.2017: "Show me the smoldering corpse of Perfectionist Josh"
JanB1
Rear Admiral

PreviousNext

Return to Games