Return to “Games”

Re: Rebel Galaxy

Silverware wrote:Been playing myself, I *REALLY* dislike the lack of saves in space.
I like running 4-5 missions in a row, but it's a pain when there's something much bigger than you were expecting at the other end and you end up exploding.
That's true, but you can easily flee with booster if you have a very big fish you can't manage. The warp drive is also dangerous if you stop in the middle of a big fight.

I'm really digging this game. It's good to be back in space. And for the saves in space bit, just exit the game and get back in. It's not ideal, but it works the same as a save.

I'm still in the first system but I have a pretty hefty gunboat at this point. Combat missions are netting me between 10-17K now.

Anyone know yet if there are additional ships available outside the first system?

MyNameWuzTaken wrote:Anyone know yet if there are additional ships available outside the first system?
Yes, there are. I think the grand total is 21 playable ships. I'm still looking forward to the Radovich, but there's an even beastlier hauler beyond that.
"omg such tech many efficiency WOW" ~ Josh Parnell

56 hours to complete the main story.

Kudos to the capital ship that dropped a Mk6 Aegis Shield when the rest of my gear was only Mk4. It made the difference, and difficulty was so much more manageable.
(Damage Capacity: 7570, Recharge Time: 5s).

Mad to think that I never went to 4 sectors on the story arc .. something I'll remedy when I get the Blackgate Dreadnaught.. and then I'll become a Pirate yaarrrr!!

:thumbup:

P.S. I don't miss the 3d control for the ship - there is plenty going on when the fan gets dropped, I'm so glad there wasn't another dimension to controlling the ship.
P.P.S. Just for mod support ... :fingers-crossed:
YAY PYTHON \o/

In Josh We Trust
-=326.3827=-

It is a fun game, a good reason to use your XBox or PS4 controller.
Mouse control is a little clunky (although the keyboard parts are really quite good)

If you like exploding things, and a semi-hardcore game (you die in space you reload at the last time you entered a station) then this really is a good game.
°˖◝(ಠ‸ಠ)◜˖°
WebGL Spaceships and Trails
<Cuisinart8> apparently without the demon driving him around Silver has the intelligence of a botched lobotomy patient ~ Mar 04 2020
console.log(`What's all ${this} ${Date.now()}`);

HowSerendipitous wrote:
Silverware wrote:exploding things
Sold! :twisted:
If you wanna see how it plays I can throw up a stream tonight, else just impulse buy and explode things. :D
°˖◝(ಠ‸ಠ)◜˖°
<Cuisinart8> apparently without the demon driving him around Silver has the intelligence of a botched lobotomy patient ~ Mar 04 2020

One thing I will note about the music, is that it gets repetitive fast (especially in menus) and needs to have better transitions into the next track.
It is good music though. :D
°˖◝(ಠ‸ಠ)◜˖°

Silverware wrote:One thing I will note about the music, is that it gets repetitive fast (especially in menus) and needs to have better transitions into the next track.
It is good music though. :D
Aye, it is good music.
It comes on when you're fighting, but there does need to be more - would love to link in the music for a few games to it..
YAY PYTHON \o/

In Josh We Trust
-=326.3827=-

Online Now