Return to “Games”

Re: Rebel Galaxy

Kinda boring so far. I scorned the main mission asap and went chasing after a treaty ship, which is taking its sweet time with system traversal.
They've already made themselves look foolish by trying to path through the star, and added to the noobish blunder by then agonizingly side-stepping around it in a sub-warp zig-zag.
I've no option to hail, so our relationship as travelling buddies is slightly awkward. :|
"omg such tech many efficiency WOW" ~ Josh Parnell

So far just had a brief taster of the game otherwise would not get to bed,blown away by the old western fronitier yep I will say the F word,Firefly vibe !!

Will also mention the stunning soundtrack I got the same desperate melancholy bluesy vibe from the music as in Flame in the Flood just awesome,for a 2 man team it's impressive,seems you can also play your own stuff in game I feel New Order's awesome new album (Music Complete) will compliment this very well. 8-)

So I think in time with a little tweaking we will have a Space game gem on our hands here. :thumbup:

There are a lot of major pluses about the game, but it isn't really doing anything too groundbreaking. The most groundbreaking thing I'd say for me is the free movement at high "warp" speed through the systems. The game play is solid. The music is great. It's a great game that has a lot going for it. But aside from the obvious space ship theme and free warp around a fairly large system and using larger ships it isn't doing anything too special.

Yes I can see a lot of people buying it and getting bored quickly. But I can also see it being a game that you can have a lot of fun with. The broadside combat is to me a little bit too limiting and quite frankly, annoying. If that is the main and only way to fight I'm not going to enjoy combat in the game long term. Sounds like something they'd really need to expand on a lot.

I'm having a tremendous amount of fun with it.

I'd definitely describe it as Sid Meiers pirates in space with no sub-plots(at least that I've found yet, please devs?) with a firefly vibe, bigger guns, and a superb old-style rock soundtrack.

The scale, as far as space sims go, is pretty damn good. they make space seem absolutely enormous while making your ship also feel really big, paradox anyone. I'm still using the starter boat, I haven't gotten enough credits yet(mostly because I have to try all the weapons, all of them).

The Mouse controls are rather clunky, but the devs say they're working on fixing it. Mining is grindy(understandably).

Ship battles feel far from grindy they are exciting, even if you're fighting small craft, the music really helps set the mood(soundtrack of the year anyone?). fighters and bombers tick me off royally, but that's kinda the point of them to prevent me from sinking your battleship.

I wonder if carriers are a thing later on.

haven't gotten the jump-drive thingy(is it a jumpdrive if all it lets you use are warp-gates?) so haven't been to other systems yet.

all in all definitely worth the 20 bucks.
My art: http://starryspelunker.deviantart.com/

StarrySpelunker wrote:I'm having a tremendous amount of fun with it.

I'd definitely describe it as Sid Meiers pirates in space with no sub-plots(at least that I've found yet, please devs?) with a firefly vibe, bigger guns, and a superb old-style rock soundtrack.

The scale, as far as space sims go, is pretty damn good. they make space seem absolutely enormous while making your ship also feel really big, paradox anyone. I'm still using the starter boat, I haven't gotten enough credits yet(mostly because I have to try all the weapons, all of them).

The Mouse controls are rather clunky, but the devs say they're working on fixing it. Mining is grindy(understandably).

Ship battles feel far from grindy they are exciting, even if you're fighting small craft, the music really helps set the mood(soundtrack of the year anyone?). fighters and bombers tick me off royally, but that's kinda the point of them to prevent me from sinking your battleship.

I wonder if carriers are a thing later on.

haven't gotten the jump-drive thingy(is it a jumpdrive if all it lets you use are warp-gates?) so haven't been to other systems yet.

all in all definitely worth the 20 bucks.
Yeah I have to say that I'm enjoying it. Definitely worth the $20. Not worth much more than that mind you. It is a fun game. I can see why some would get bored with it, hell I can see myself getting bored with it personally. But that doesn't make it not a good game.

I really do hope that carriers are thing in the future because quite frankly there is nothing that ticks me off more in a game than NPC's/enemies being able to do things that you the player cannot do. When they can send fighters/bombers after you and you cannot do the same to them, that annoys me to no end. That is one thing some companies (blizzard) learned a long time ago with games. Always try to give the players and the NPC's/AI/Enemies same or at least similar capabilities. Then you can scale it from there. It is a great immersion technique. Without it, the game feels like you are being forced to play by different rules to the enemy and that I've always felt takes the immersion away.

i'm 11 hours in and I love it!
first hour ..hour and a half was a fucking nightmare.. combat is confusing as shit at first but once you get the hang of it..
I just now got a jump drive and went to the next star system.. my god there are some cool ships and weapons to buy!

so ya its SP no need for internet .. great soundtrack and a great game overall once you get into it. :clap:

I made an inexplicable decision to play 'no kills' & 'plot avoidance' from the start. I'm in the first tier hauler now (about 7 hours in).
She's not bad, but some of the station blockades are nigh impossible to breach under my no kills policy.

My top gripe, so far, is that the system map cannot be viewed while docked. No, I really don't want to have to memorize the system's locations in order to make good trade or mission choices. :x
It's a beautiful map, though, and the map-exit effect of zooming smoothly in from well above and behind back to a close follow of your ship is tremendously pleasing. :squirrel:

After passing a threshold of rage over sucking at the trading game, the no kills part of the plan died in a fire.
238 fighters and 52 capital ships destroyed in my last session. :twisted:
Forget broadsides: mining lasers absolutely melt face! Especially when combined with a continuous stream of flak (which is also an excellent counter to missile spam).
Switched to Slamjet boosters, love'em. :)

Been playing myself, I *REALLY* dislike the lack of saves in space.
I like running 4-5 missions in a row, but it's a pain when there's something much bigger than you were expecting at the other end and you end up exploding.
°˖◝(ಠ‸ಠ)◜˖°
WebGL Spaceships and Trails
<Cuisinart8> apparently without the demon driving him around Silver has the intelligence of a botched lobotomy patient ~ Mar 04 2020
console.log(`What's all ${this} ${Date.now()}`);

Online Now