Return to “Games”

Re: Rebel Galaxy

TGS wrote:I don't know what version of Freelancer you played but that's not how Freelancer's cruise worked. For one it wasn't faster, the systems were smaller. But in reality if you were using cruise to get around most of the medium or even larger systems, it was actually probably not that different to Rebel Galaxy's Warp. Also it didn't actually slow you down when you got near a planet, that is what Rebel Galaxy does, the way you said that made it sound like that was how it worked in FL, it wasn't. You kept going at full speed until you hit whatever it was, if it was a planet... then died. Cruise speed was never variable in FL. And it actually took a pretty significant amount of time to cross a system from one end to the other in cruise in FL, despite the systems being a lot smaller.
Er, yeah, not sure how I mangled that. What I was trying to say was that RG is much much faster, not Freelancer, as you laid out.

TGS wrote: That being said, Rebel Galaxy isn't a bad game. It's just not a terribly good game either sadly imo.
Ditto.
I'd love to be able to mod it and rearrange the layout of the systems - have asteroids on the external, and arrange so I can "point 'n cruise" to my destination (barring the odd interdiction of random pirate spawns) :)

Seems like the tools for Torchlight are the way to go for "modding" Rebel Galaxy.
YAY PYTHON \o/

In Josh We Trust
-=326.3827=-

Nice deal. I got Rebel Galaxy 2 years ago (more or less).
Pretty game. Technically valid, and rather entertaining if you do not play it for 5 hours straight.
I finished it twice, and I play it again from time to time. The soundtrack never gets old.

IIRC, hunting for Pirate Lords is the way to go if you want the special stuff.

Online Now