Return to “Games”

Re: The WolfStar Raiders

GoatChops wrote:Ladies and Gentlemen (if we don't have any ladies CMDR Silverware will wear a wig)

I am back after a rather lengthy and painful shoulder rehabilitation and will be on the flight deck running sorties out of Wolf906. I will be rusty and my aim will suck... so no change in apparent skill level will be noticed by anyone willing to wing up with me. I will just be crushing the belts to beat on some pirates before I end up pissing off the feds(again) and having to bailout (again)

Mission statements will be updated soonish, but in the intrem CMDR Silverware is ordered to acquire a backless dress for the WSR Ball. We don't want the first ever WRS social event to be an obvious sausage fest now do we?
Welcome back, of course I shall oblige to my duties to the Wolf Star Raiders, and to this end have acquired a dress.
I will need to spend some hours re-initiating the man-spaceship interface because my original hardware was nuked by the Microsoft corporation.
Once that initial initiation is finished, I will be available to fly again!

Welcome back commander!
°˖◝(ಠ‸ಠ)◜˖°
WebGL Spaceships and Trails
<Cuisinart8> apparently without the demon driving him around Silver has the intelligence of a botched lobotomy patient ~ Mar 04 2020
console.log(`What's all ${this} ${Date.now()}`);

Cornflakes_91 wrote:
IronDuke wrote::shock: Errrrrrr...
Me and Detritus might be a little too young for the sausage comment...

--IronDuke
you are 17, what are you fussing about? :V

and i am confused about detritus' age as to how he comes to know a game (rock raiders) thats as old as he is?
it was never that prominent (even though it would deserve to be, its an awesome game).
you have an older sibling that showed it to you detritus?
Yes some random sibling of mine showed it to me... and it was fun, so I played it...
I am Groot.
Please don't take my advice. You will wind up in jail if you do.
For some reason, I feel obliged to display how many people have talked in IRC over the past 2 hours: Image :problem:
:ugeek:

Okay, I finally found a good system for the home of the Imperial branch of the Wolfstar Raiders.

HIP 16607
--Pristine metallic reserves - excellent for mining.
--Hazardous resource extraction site - excellent for bounty hunting.
--High tech system - lots of good modules, and the ships there are: Sidewinder, Hauler, Viper, Cobra, D-Back Scout, Type 6, D-Back Explorer, Asp, Type 7, Orca, FDL, Python, Type 9. Also it means that there's a lot of high-value goods here; great for traders.
--Arissa Lavigny Duval control system - 20% passive bounty increase for everyone, higher increase for those pledged to her.
--Next to Li Yong Rui - 15% discount on ships and weapons if you are willing to make a jump or two.
--Edge of the bubble - explorers don't have far to go.
--Large landing pads - rather important.
--Empire system - actually, that was the first criteria!
--Conflict zones are always created in the same orbits - there is a high-intensity CZ very near the station, so every time there's a civil war, players won't need to go far for repairs/re-arm.
--Station is over 2000 LS from the star - this will discourage griefers, who hate journeys of over thirty seconds.
--Because of all these attributes, it seems fairly popular with other players, so it won't get boring. They seem pretty friendly on average though. (At first glance, anyway - I only spent a few hours there.) There is a player faction there as well, so that should spice things up.

I'm sure I missed something, but if I think of anything else, I'll post it here.
I've commenced moving my ships there - I'll have that done on Thursday.
Got to go or my dad will have my head for being up late!
But before I do, I just need formal permission from Goatchops to set up the Imperial branch. *Salutes* Sir?

--IronDuke
Knowledge is Power, and Power goes in Cars.
I-War 2 thread
Epic Limit Theory Limerick

Well I am bringing this mofo back to the front of Games forum where it belongs...

My absence was caused by a fairly high degree of real life getting in the way in the form of work, girlfriend, travel to Bangkok and being essentially one armed for the last little while.

It is my intention kick back up WSR and to run it as a space game focused community. If the mods and Josh are happy for me to do so I will continue to run it as a sub set of the LT community until it gets big enough to warrant it's own forums etc

I will be updating my install of Elite dangerous, firing up a WSR voice chat server and generally doing some house work around the WSR thread shortly. I am very sad that we did not survive my absence however WSR was very young so that is not unexpected! Real life and all that jazz =)

Expect write ups in the coming days as I will be turning my absence into a WSR story of hopefully some amusement. As well as updating myself on what happened in WSR while i was away =) I look forward to going out on sorties with you lads again!

~The Wolfstar Raiders : We fly badly, we fight badly, we make questionable decisions!~

Cornflakes_91 wrote:To make something out of it there would have to be mechanics you can actually play with.
Flying around, shooting people and transporting cargo in a 99.9999% uninteresting world dont make for much game
So I take it you wont be flying with us anymore.... at least in Elite? hehe.

Cornflakes_91 wrote:I'll play it when i get some actual gameplay that goes beyond flash game niveau and not having to pay again a full games worth.
Maybe we should move this conversation out of WSR and into the Elite dangerous thread heh.

WSR will be looking at playing other games together in the future if I can organise it =)

Online Now