Return to “Games”

Re: The WolfStar Raiders

IronDuke wrote:
Sat Mar 02, 2019 1:19 pm
I should mention also that the rocks you explode are permanently destroyed forever. It'll take a while, but eventually, the bubble is gonna start running out of these, and people will have to start looking farther away.

In the meantime though, ALL HAIL THE GOLD RUSH.
They actually do respawn, so we're pretty much set :3

https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthrea ... ost7280648

cuisinart8 wrote:
Sat Mar 02, 2019 2:06 pm
IronDuke wrote:
I should mention also that the rocks you explode are permanently destroyed forever. It'll take a while, but eventually, the bubble is gonna start running out of these, and people will have to start looking farther away.

They actually do respawn, so we're pretty much set :3

https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthrea ... ost7280648
Oh. I was going off Will Flanagan's post up higher in the thread, which made it really sound like they won't replenish. This works. c:
Knowledge is Power, and Power goes in Cars.
I-War 2 thread
Epic Limit Theory Limerick

IronDuke wrote:

with individual fields being tens of thousands of kilometers in diameter?
have fun mining out a volume comparable to that of earth :V

Yet another "successful" Raider Op.

With a BUNCH of time out in the belts, my pockets were lined with, what is surely not entirely legal, credits.
And I have always wanted to fly something bigger.

And oh looky, an Anaconda fits within my price range.
And now I'm poor and have a 'Conda and most of it outfitted.

So flew a few runs with Cuisinart in the belts, but neither of us were getting any good asteroids.
So we decided to try looking in nearby systems.

Loading up into the same 'Conda, because it's cheaper than bringing two ships, we went out and started looking at Asteroid belts, looking for Diamonds and Opals.
Finding (finally) a hot spot, we decided to take a closer look, but a High Traffic Resource Extraction site caught our notice, and we dropped in, eager to test the new weapons systems.

What felt like hundreds of ships dropped in on top of us, it was a freaking feeding frenzy.
We'd tag a bounty target and it'd soon explode. Me in the 'Conda, and Cuisinart in the Condor.
After a dozen kills or so, I spotted one more and shot him.

This one was in a wing of three, this one had a friend whose weapons melted my shields, and took massive chunks out of the armor.
In typical WSR fashion, I hightailed it out of there, sprinting to get into Frame Shift.
Watching my hull disappear, point by point.

10%

8%

6%
Hey, the FSD is nearly charged
4%

2%
The FSD is charged
1%
ALIGNING!
0%

FUCK!

It was then that I found out that I had only 2 million left in the bank, and the rebuy was 5 million.
Luckily some sods gave out loans of up to 5 million, and I was able to rebuy.

Deciding that, sometimes, suicidal aggression isn't always the best idea, we flew out for the belts again.
And spent the rest of the evening mining.

200 Limpets, 54 opals, and a baby demanding attention later, I'm 74 million richer.
The losses from the interesting fight more than paid off.
And more money to finish equipping the 'Conda.

I may have also sunk some real money into my 'Conda... as it's now green as fuck, the ship, the fighter, the SRV, the trails, the guns... :ghost:
°˖◝(ಠ‸ಠ)◜˖°
WebGL Spaceships and Trails
<Cuisinart8> apparently without the demon driving him around Silver has the intelligence of a botched lobotomy patient ~ Mar 04 2020
console.log(`What's all ${this} ${Date.now()}`);

Online Now