Return to “Games”

Re: The WolfStar Raiders

IronDuke wrote:
Tue Oct 03, 2017 12:19 pm
I would like to point out that there are currently only two variants of the Viper - III and IV. :V Pretty sure you're using the III, not the II.

--IronDuke
Yeah, I was thinking Eagle for some reason.
°˖◝(ಠ‸ಠ)◜˖°
WebGL Spaceships and Trails
<Cuisinart8> apparently without the demon driving him around Silver has the intelligence of a botched lobotomy patient ~ Mar 04 2020
console.log(`What's all ${this} ${Date.now()}`);

GoatChops wrote:
Wed Oct 04, 2017 2:55 am
Its been so long I don't know were I am.... so it will be a bit of an adventure for me when I log in haha
Fair enough.
I didn't know where I was, and actually had to check the forums to remember where our home base is...
But I am thinking it is time to move out of Wolf 906, while it has a great station with a ton of stuff for purchase, it unfortunately has a "high" security rating, and the Wolfstar Raiders are not so much about High Security are we?

So we might have to have a look around for good pockets of medium-no security.

Oh! Apparently they have made Multicrew rewards better too! So we can do that!
°˖◝(ಠ‸ಠ)◜˖°
<Cuisinart8> apparently without the demon driving him around Silver has the intelligence of a botched lobotomy patient ~ Mar 04 2020

<Computer syth voice> Audio Log activated, please begin recording

What?! -banging sound of fist on metal- stupid fucking computer I said nav -more banging- …NAV not log... gah -cough-… well since you are active anyway.
I have just woken up from what I assume was a vasovagal faint caused by a combination of blood loss from my injuries and the translation into super cruise. So, I am Wolfstar knows where in the void between stars and my computer -bang- is failing to bring up the NAV so I can lock down my current location -bang- and see if I have enough fuel for a hyper jump, stupid -bang- fucking -bang- cheap -banging intensifies-

<Computer syth voice> Navigation console activated

Finally!

-2 minutes of indistinct muttering-

Aahhhh well the good news is that there is one fuel scopable star within range of my current fuel levels YAY! However, it’s in an anarchy system BOO!

But Goat you are a feared bounty hunter! Surely you would feel right at home in an anarchy system?!

Well me, I am glad you asked. You see the reason I find myself here is because I left my last location in somewhat of a hurry. One minute I am engaging a bounty target, next second a fed rocks up and it turns out the bounty was not local. <voice becomes defensive> The fed could have asked first, but noooo he had to shoot first, bag a wolfstar raider or some other macho crap and I had only meant to damage his engines...

<lengthy pause>

So maybe I had forgotten about the class 3 guns I had recently mounted on the vulture and he was in an eagle and I was aiming for his engines…. and yeah… My bad.

Anyhooo the feds being feds a few Anaconda’s from their garrison drop in and I got nine shades of shit shot out of my ship… and myself for that matter. I have 47% output from my reactor meaning I can power my engines or my guns… which is a moot point as both my guns a currently none functional… I could K-warrent scan the shit out of anyone that looks at me sideways though… hence I don’t want to go to his anarchy system…

<Computer syth voice> Course plotted
Any way route is locked into the Nav and a small chance of survival beats the shit out of no chance anyday
End Audio Log

<Computer syth voice> Ending Audio Log

Out of Character - Well gents I was on lastnight and in typical fashion I managed to piss of the locals in the course of trying to be a good guy haha. As I hit super cruise on a random vector my lady called me and I ended up supercruising in a random direction for quite a ways while I was chatting to her. I also hadn't fueled up for a while it seemed >.> I have grand plans of 1 or 2 adventures (and subsequent write ups) a week. If you are interested in witnessing my singular lack of flying and fighting ability in real time please hit me up!

Well, I flew around with Cuisinart today.

Various highlights:

Cuisinart forgot to make sure his ship knew the target was a hostile before firing, and the entire Federation Navy got in on it, exploding him, and attacking me. (Through my superior skills, I fled like an Usain Coward. :V)

I forgot that I was flying backwards, and was wondering why my enemy kept getting further away as I put more pips into engines!

We came across the FNS Andromeda a Farragut class battlecruiser just as it was warping into a combat zone, where it started wrecking Imperial arse, and we got in on that fight for the easy bonds!!
4K images below.
Spoiler:      SHOW
I confused my Boost and Reverse Thrust buttons, and promptly started flying backwards into things.

I realized that the Chaff launcher I have on my Cobra is actually still there, and bound a button to it. Literally the first time that thing has been used. Who knew!
°˖◝(ಠ‸ಠ)◜˖°

Plofre wrote:
Sat Oct 07, 2017 3:38 pm
Good to hear the WSR are back in the black again. Some nice stories you guys are writing up, I have no idea how to make the stuff I do ingame sound half as interesting.
I am currently returning from a longer exploration stint to get the 5k LY distance needed for Prof. Palin and currenty on my way back. I'm still some 3+ k LY out (at the nebula with them tons of blue stars, forgot the name ;).
The comming week I'll be spending some time on the way back to the bubble (usually around 8pm CET = UCT +2), so If anyone is online and up for a chat or so, leave me a pm or skype me.
I can't write myself, just try and keep the highlights of WSR level skill in mind for when I do write it up.

On a side note, ED has had it's network lag issues mostly fixed, we can now play with anyone at any time with only the occasional network issue. Which is great! :D
°˖◝(ಠ‸ಠ)◜˖°

So, I reprised my role as CMDR, because of IronDuke and Trigger having a conversation yesterday.
Me and Trigger went out to our secret mining operation with a part of Diamondback Explorers, and a fuck load of explosives.

The second asteroid I limpet'd showed up the bounty we were after, Void Opals.
So we exploded it, and like a proper Raider, I strayed too close while fiddling with my boost and reverse controls, accidentally getting closer rather than further away from the bloody near nuclear explosion this asteroid went through. (69% hull)

Our ships were basically striped entirely down, so no shields, and a lot of FUN.

After figuting out how to collector limpet and NOT destroy myself... (54% hull)
Well I had eight opals, and Trigger had a few.

We looked, and the very next asteroid I limpet'd also had Void Opals, remember Raiders, Dumb is bad, Dumb and Lucky is good.
So I popped another load of explosives into it's face, and kept outside the explosion range.
24 Opals in my hold, and then suddenly Space and Time distorts, and I have to plug my brain back into the machine.

When I reconnected, a pair of pirates were scanning me, dumping my fuel into the afterburners, and dropping those pesky safety limitations in Flight Assist, I managed to, mostly, outmaneuver them, and get out to open space. (48% hull)

Landing at the station Trigger suggested and checking the price, showed 600k per unit, not the 1.6m per unit that I have heard rumors about.
Cracking open the, only slightly illegal, EDDB, I found a potential system only 2 jumps away, with a better price tag,although the data was out of date.

Jumping out to confirm, and cooking myself on stars. (33% hull)
Well... I landed (28% hull) and checked the prices.

Then I swore.

1.4 Million per Unit.
A cargo load worth 34 Million.

A 3m throwaway ship, and some limpets, and you can quickly and easily replace your natural attrition from being a Raider.
Tomorrow I shall start the Squadron.
Tomorrow we shall rise from the ashes!
°˖◝(ಠ‸ಠ)◜˖°

Trigger's side of the story.

Was looking for a way to make good money. IronDuke answered my call in IRC, suggested Void Opal mining, linked a video.
So two days ago I put together a ship, all according to the guide. Yesterday, with a little more energy in me, I went out on my first trip.
An hour of figuring out keybindings and limpet restocking I finally managed to find the right rock in the sea of rocks. Set the charges, and watch the fireworks, right?

Well it's not just fireworks with these damn rocks, it's a sizable explosion with EMP side-effects! Whoop, there go my shields and 2 percent of hull.
Now, at this point I am running low on limpets because I only brought 10 with a 26 cargo bay. After but one rock I had to go back to the nearest decent trade hub and make my sales.

As I sat in the outfitting menu staring at my Diamondback, trying to figure out how to outfit it so work for me better, I had a glorious thought. Those shields that saved me from my own mining explosion? I don't really need them.

That was the fit I presented Silver with when he offered to come mining with me. Bastard got 2 rocks in a row while I ran around trying to find eve one. He also used the external tools better, finding double the prices I sold for on the first trip. 2 rocks and 20 Void Opals later, at 30% hull and dodging interdiction attempts, I sold for 30 Million, more than I ever made in this game before.

Today, I buy an ASP. With shields, this time.

Online Now