Return to “Games”

Re: Stellaris

JanB1 wrote::o :o :o

I...I never even reached this level of resources. I always got bad luck blocked. :(
The idea is to bulldoze whoever is blocking you and eat their species. :)
<Detritus> I went up to my mom and said "hey... do you feel like giving five dollars to black lives matter?" and she laughed and said no :v <Black--Snow> my life does matter though ~~ added by Hema on Jun 11 2020 (2770)

Black--Snow wrote:
JanB1 wrote::o :o :o

I...I never even reached this level of resources. I always got bad luck blocked. :(
The idea is to bulldoze whoever is blocking you and eat their species. :)
Well, that problem is (as stated before), my empire is an enclave. I'm near the centre of a spiral galaxy, in an arm. On one side, a fallen empire is blocking off the arm, and whenever the borders of my empire even TOUCH their empire, they declare war, the nearest outpost/planet, and retreat. And 2 secs later I get a popup message, that my president was killed at a public speech by assassins that came out of nowhere.

And at the other end, there is a second fallen empire that blocks the one hyperspace route that leads from the inner end of the spiral arm into the rest of the galaxy.

So I'm limited to about 5 planets and can't obtain more, all while the AI empires around me get bigger and stronger. My fleet just can't grow strong enough to be able to any real harm to these fallen empires... :(
Automation engineer, lateral thinker, soldier, addicted to music, books and gaming.
Nothing to see here
Flatfingers wrote: 23.01.2017: "Show me the smoldering corpse of Perfectionist Josh"

Try Wormholes then.

Or just conquer things on the other side of the FE. If you don't piss the FE off you can usually get through their borders with no issues.
°˖◝(ಠ‸ಠ)◜˖°
WebGL Spaceships and Trails
<Cuisinart8> apparently without the demon driving him around Silver has the intelligence of a botched lobotomy patient ~ Mar 04 2020
console.log(`What's all ${this} ${Date.now()}`);

Silverware wrote:Try Wormholes then.

Or just conquer things on the other side of the FE. If you don't piss the FE off you can usually get through their borders with no issues.
Nah, they closed their borders. Dunno why. :?
Automation engineer, lateral thinker, soldier, addicted to music, books and gaming.
Nothing to see here
Flatfingers wrote: 23.01.2017: "Show me the smoldering corpse of Perfectionist Josh"

Has anyone done the End of the Cycle crisis yet? I've heard it's pretty much impossible to beat. I'm playing as a Xenophobic Spiritualist empire that has achieved transcendence and I'm going to be very tempted to trigger it if I get the option. The only crisis I've ever seen in my games is the Unbidden because someone always uses Jump Drive (why wouldn't you, it's pretty advantageous), so I never get to see the AI Rebellion or the Swarm.

Also, what do we want in the next expansion? They've covered a lot of the sci-fi bases so far (i.e. terraforming, Dyson Spheres, gene modding, AI, etc.)

I'd love to see some sort of trade system put in place. That could probably integrate with the consumer goods need that was added in the last update. I'd also like to have more options with federations, for example you could have it progress to a unified federal state over time.

Trade and civilians would be nice to have.

More ways to earn influence.

More unique gameplay options for Hiveminds.

Better strength adjustment of the end game crisis. The unbidden that came in mine and snow's game were unable to best my fleet, so they didn't last long. And this was on a small map.

I would love to see more unique science paths too. Picking one should exclude others, and provide some major benefits allowing very unique late game play styles.
°˖◝(ಠ‸ಠ)◜˖°
<Cuisinart8> apparently without the demon driving him around Silver has the intelligence of a botched lobotomy patient ~ Mar 04 2020

a piece or two from space empires V would be nice in stellaris as well.

with (very very very very very) late game techs you basically had level editor features.
destroy/create planets, nebulas, suns, wormholes (the only interstellar movement in the game)
it also had mobile shipyards, which was also fun :D

i played a stellaris mod a while ago where the techtree and thus edicts were influenced by how you played the game.
there were highly technocratic paths where your ships had like +5000% everything, but had construction and upkeep costs of whole fleets.
they also smashed whole fleets, tho.
the inverse was also available, ships costing basically nothing but also being paper boxes.

and a whole lot other possibilities, forgot what they were because i didnt play through all of them.
(i also always got the same few because my playstyle just encouraged getting them)

edit: there it is
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... =713091239

I don't think they like me very much. :/ Image The galaxy was successfully cleansed of heathens...
Spoiler:      SHOW
<Detritus> I went up to my mom and said "hey... do you feel like giving five dollars to black lives matter?" and she laughed and said no :v <Black--Snow> my life does matter though ~~ added by Hema on Jun 11 2020 (2770)

Had to start a new savegame, because the old one wasn't compatible with the new DLC. Welp. Gotta start from a new. Had to change my politics anyways, gotta play Olligarchs now. :P
Nothing to see here

http://imgur.com/a/Y6fa1
Spoiler:      SHOW
Image Image Image
Yes, down to the last 3/4 races that aren't us. :D
And I am starting to merge my race back into a single form. :V after spending many years adapting them to all habitats. (not that I needed too :V)
°˖◝(ಠ‸ಠ)◜˖°

Online Now