Return to “Games”

Re: Stellaris

Those patch notes sound pretty good. It seems the team have heard the complaints that the mid-game feels grindy. And who couldn't love the names they gave each patch? :D

But who told these guys they could use some of the ideas I have on the burndown list for my current game project? :ghost:

Throw those ideas onto their forums or the stellaris reddit.
They get read, they get decided upon, and then they possibly get implemented. (As DLC of course)
°˖◝(ಠ‸ಠ)◜˖°
WebGL Spaceships and Trails
<Cuisinart8> apparently without the demon driving him around Silver has the intelligence of a botched lobotomy patient ~ Mar 04 2020
console.log(`What's all ${this} ${Date.now()}`);

Tusck wrote:I use to lurk this forum daily and couldn't find a way to stop, then came Stellaris. This is the first day I opened this website to be disappointed with no news since it's release. Be back in a month.
Are... you saying that Stellaris is good and you are addicted to it... or that it is bad and disappointing you?

I can't quite tell.
°˖◝(ಠ‸ಠ)◜˖°
<Cuisinart8> apparently without the demon driving him around Silver has the intelligence of a botched lobotomy patient ~ Mar 04 2020

Stellaris is pretty... especially the battles.
Spoiler:      SHOW
Image With this one, I was struck with how pretty it was to see the blue star in the background with lasers going every which way. This was just a typical battle, but I had to take a picture.
Image A swarm of corvettes and destroyers approaches one of their spaceports. They didn't stand a chance. I felt quite proud of myself.
Image A chaotic battle in multiplayer with huge fleet sizes. Silverware had nothing but battleships (which is a bad idea) and was seriously losing ground - he needed a hand, so I stepped in - by declaring war on them right in the middle of a huge battle. My ships were in place already and instantly entered the fray. They had no idea it was coming. We managed to prevail and send them running, but only with our combined might. They'd made a huge alliance intended to take Silverware down at any cost. They weren't expecting resistance from me too.
Image A few destroyers make their last stand by their home base, as my massive fleet looms in the distance...
Image A skirmish next to a black hole, early game, where I'm attacking void clouds. The scene was just too amazing from a story (and visual) standpoint to pass up taking a picture of.
Image An incredible battle I can still hardly believe I won. I decided to declare war on a nearby empire that had stolen a few of my star systems, and I was thinking of humiliating them with my proud 4k-power fleet. ...That was until they suddenly warped their 10k-power fleet into the system and I realized there was going to be hell to pay. Fortunately, their fleet was almost nothing except battleships, and with some good tactics and the right admiral, I was victorious in the end - but only barely. I ended up losing my flagship in this battle, but I did at least manage to prevail.
Image I invade Earth with my alien allies. The 229-power fleet you see in the center is my army - genetically bred warriors, robots, and psionic warriors: we dashed humanity to pieces within seconds and eventually integrated them into my empire. I had originally kept them as vassals - and uplifted their species to the stars as well - but they had grown unhappy under my rule. That all changed after this battle.
Image I attacked a fallen empire... with an 80k fleet. I still feel bad about the few corvettes I lost.
Image On warping into a new system, an alien Fortress pulled my entire fleet into orbit around it. I was forced to fight for my life against a huge fleet, a spaceport, and the fortress itself. The battle went rather well, and it was very dramatic - especially when their allies decided to arrive as reinforcements. Fortunately... I had some reinforcements of my own.
Have a question? Send me a PM! || I have a Patreon page up for REKT now! || People talking in IRC over the past two hours: Image

Talvieno wrote:Stellaris is pretty... especially the battles.
Eeeeeeeee I wanna play it so much!!! :shock:

Desperately hoping my LTFC entry gets a high enough position that I may get Stellaris... :shifty:

And yes Talvieno, that was a hint... I wants the June LTFC to be judged! :angel:
I am Groot.
Please don't take my advice. You will wind up in jail if you do.
For some reason, I feel obliged to display how many people have talked in IRC over the past 2 hours: Image :problem:
:ugeek:

Flatfingers wrote:I look at those cool screenshots, and I try to imagine that being playable as a mobile game.

And I can't. It's designed from the ground up as a PC game.

:thumbup:
Controls could NEVER be adapted to console either. :V
So no water went into this design at all.

Paradox are the best. :V
°˖◝(ಠ‸ಠ)◜˖°

Silverware wrote:Paradox are the best. :V
Whenever I find a game that I would enjoy immensely, I check who made it, and it says Paradox! :lol:

They are quite good at what they do. :angel:
I am Groot.
Please don't take my advice. You will wind up in jail if you do.
For some reason, I feel obliged to display how many people have talked in IRC over the past 2 hours: Image :problem:
:ugeek:

Detritus wrote:
Silverware wrote:Paradox are the best. :V
Whenever I find a game that I would enjoy immensely, I check who made it, and it says Paradox! :lol:

They are quite good at what they do. :angel:
Indeed, and with Tyrany coming too... they have a bumper year this year.
°˖◝(ಠ‸ಠ)◜˖°

Online Now