Return to “Games”

Re: LEGO® Worlds

Sadly, I did not make this: Image However, lately, I have taken to rocking on top of the world the TT Games logo, in plain sight (and ear range) of my entire city! (it has a population of about 20) Image
I am Groot.
Please don't take my advice. You will wind up in jail if you do.
For some reason, I feel obliged to display how many people have talked in IRC over the past 2 hours: Image :problem:
:ugeek:

MrPerson wrote:
Detritus wrote:LEGO Worlds - v1.00 Now live!

They did it... :clap:

Now they need a v1.1, to fix all the bugs that players will inevitably smack into. :shifty:

By the reviews it looks like a lot of people don't like the update. From what I can see, for good reason too.
... I like it. :squirrel:
I am Groot.
For some reason, I feel obliged to display how many people have talked in IRC over the past 2 hours: Image :problem:

What a bunch of Negative Nancys there are in the Steam reviews! :roll:

I may yet end up agreeing with their conclusions, but I'll say that so far I'm appreciating the significant amount of game structure that's been added and I'm determined to give it a fair chance.
Feels like real solid effort went in to the launch version, rather than a lazy slap of an "It's done!" sticker on to the latest early access build. :thumbup:

Some random observations:
  • boxes of dynamite can be unlocked early in the game, placed en masse, and set off in a glorious chain reaction of craters blown into the world
  • placing props in free build mode is surprisingly painless. There's a generous threshold for embedding them into blocks. They can be placed anywhere, even completely embedded in terrain! :squirrel:
  • I swear warm gold paint wasn't nearly this pretty in EA. Blasting caves and then painting them gold has become one of my favourite goofing off activities. :D
  • Yep, warm gold is definitely very awesome now!
  • Spamming with the ice gun is pretty fun.
"omg such tech many efficiency WOW" ~ Josh Parnell

Baile nam Fonn wrote:I'm loving this.

It ain't perfect.. It lags sometimes. It crashes sometimes. It bugs out occasionally.

But nevertheless, it is leaps and bounds better than the early access experience!
I wonder what target group they had in mind when making this game. And if it's a total different one. I know, on LEGO packages it's always written "x-99y", but still... :ghost:
Automation engineer, lateral thinker, soldier, addicted to music, books and gaming.
Nothing to see here
Flatfingers wrote: 23.01.2017: "Show me the smoldering corpse of Perfectionist Josh"

Aight so they dropped a new update, basically all it does is tidy up sandbox mode a bit (basically they made it actually be a sandbox; everything is unlocked etc. No Steam achievements in this mode, however!) and do a bunch of bug fixes. (they did not provide a bug-fix list, so I can't summarize, sorry) For whatever reason, each update they have put out in the past made the game perform even worse than the one before it, to the point where I basically gave up on this game. I tried it today, right after the update, and it runs way better now! I played 2-3 hours today, and it crashed once. That was when I was trying to edit the biome settings, and I hadn't selected any options, yet still clicked 'done.' That needs fixed. :P In any case, the game runs much nicer now. Still rather choppy at times, and the world generation isn't quite perfect, but much farther along than it used to be! :ghost:

And, just to add an image to this post, here's a little something someone else made. I have no idea who they are. Just some random stranger from the internet.
Spoiler:      SHOW
He clearly used some post-processing effects on the image... that's not quite what it actually looks like in-game. :) Image
The guy who posted it, a "Jasper.v.K", named it "Dutch landscape." I've never been to the Netherlands, but it looks good enough for my eyes. :)

Any of you who have, for whatever reason, stopped playing this game, I recommend giving it another shot! :D
I am Groot.

Online Now