Return to “Games”

Re: EVE Online

EVE is fun in a relaxed atmosphere.
The time I spent mining when I first joined were amongst my favorite hours, because we sat on TeamSpeak and chatted, made guaranteed isk, and just enjoyed the world.

After losing my corp to politics I went through many parts of the game, but haven't since found anything that's my cup of tea.
So I am only subbed for three months in a year at a time now.
°˖◝(ಠ‸ಠ)◜˖°
WebGL Spaceships and Trails
<Cuisinart8> apparently without the demon driving him around Silver has the intelligence of a botched lobotomy patient ~ Mar 04 2020
console.log(`What's all ${this} ${Date.now()}`);

Lum wrote:
NonBritGit wrote:
Kambalo wrote:Again the game is not bad, it is the people who make or destroy a game.
Boy, you got that right. Remind me to start a thread on ArcheAge... :evil:
I've played AA for a while. I'm not into PvP, so that part I can't talk about. But the game has a lot of good things and IMHO it's worth a try for every MMORPG gamer. If only for the glider mechanic alone! :ghost:
I was in on AA from first closed beta and I never had more fun in an mmo that I did in that game up until about 2-3 months after it went open. I stayed out of the PvP conflicts and zones and mostly just played the farming/housing game,.

Problem was the land grabbers/bots sucked up all available land so if you didn't get some early on, you were screwed for all eternity. You need a large farm to produce specific goods to progress, but were basically locked out of that content unless you paid a land scalper way more money they you would ever see without land (catch-22).

I got in early enough to get a house and two small gardens and had a blast farming and trade runs, but trade runs were also ruined by griefers blocking your access to turn-in points.

This game had so much potential and it really pisses me off how the griefers/hoarders ruined it. I could give a damn about any "pay to win" aspects because the basic gameplay was ruined long before any 'winning' might take place.

Oh, and those gliders were bitchin'!

Bumping because EVE just went partially free to play and because I have some questions.

How does eve online compare to Limit Theory feature wise? Are there NPCs that I can hire to work for me? Does the free account prevent me from accessing game features or are features tied to the skill tree that is limited for free accounts?

BFett wrote:Bumping because EVE just went partially free to play and because I have some questions.

How does eve online compare to Limit Theory feature wise? Are there NPCs that I can hire to work for me? Does the free account prevent me from accessing game features or are features tied to the skill tree that is limited for free accounts?
It has features, so thats more than LT. :D

NPCs, no, Pretty much everything is player driven.

Most skills and non-race ships are tied to a paid account. Grab a free one and try the game.
Hell, you might even be able to talk me into flying with you.
Nothing to lose after all.
°˖◝(ಠ‸ಠ)◜˖°
<Cuisinart8> apparently without the demon driving him around Silver has the intelligence of a botched lobotomy patient ~ Mar 04 2020

I just tried out the F2P system after not playing for like 3 years, and even though I couldn't fly any of the ships in my hangar, I grabbed a noob ship and flew around for a while. and man does the game look a TON better since I last played. I always played on max settings, but the stations have lights everywhere and they move, the asteroid belts have tons of little rock particles where before it was just the large minable ones.

Just for giggles I may join a alpha friendly alliance that just screws around with PVP in nullsec or something. Having a big fleetfight between alphas with a couple omegas thrown in would be interesting.

Well... we do have an Actual Limit Theory Corp...
... Damnit you fucks, now I have to download and play again.

Ping "Silvaris Theodin" with a mail, and we can figure out getting people into the corp.
°˖◝(ಠ‸ಠ)◜˖°

Online Now