Return to “Games”

Post

Re: EVE Online

#47
Cornflakes_91 wrote:
charnode wrote: It certainly won't take long to lose it ... just saying.
well, i just lost the Unsinkable III today :ghost:
Never fly anything you cannot afford to lose. The single most important rule in Eves universe. :geek:
You cannot not communicate.
Paul Watzlawick - 1st Axiom
Post

Re: EVE Online

#48
I never cared for the MMO part of EVE to be honest. I know the player stuff is what makes EVE....well EVE. But I find just the music, the atmosphere, and the unique ship designs just to be enthralling. I mean, I have spent countless hours solo mining in a 2nd monitor just for no other reason besides being logged in and having a sense of money making. But eventually I get bored/pissed at something and I drop my sub. But usually after another year or a massive update, I tend to resub just to have it all happen again.

This is more of a confession than anything, I post stuff about EVE a lot here, but to be entirely honest, i have never gone below .3 space, never been a corp larger than 70 people, and have never done PVP once. Most people tell me I have not truly experienced the game, but I just love its atmosphere.
Post

Re: EVE Online

#50
Heh, I love the EVE soundtrack, I even listen to it outside the game when I am doing homework and stuff. Well, at least the old songs, they were better. Especially the ones that had the old bit of drumbeats in them before they took them out.

EX:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dgNdJ1exu6I

Or there are variations of one of the most well known eve song that has a sped up and a slow version, which I find the slow to be better, but they put in the fast instead :(

Slow:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L4dNtTPAaFw

Faster:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XjeujElo48Y

which do you prefer? (even though you say you don't care for the soundtrack)
Post

Re: EVE Online

#51
Reading a lot of what people are posting here is allowing me and my significant other to try and play the game 'correctly'.

As such, I believe I've found a corp that I can be a part of that is more of a mining/industry corp that's a part of an alliance which allows me to play as logistics in fleet warfare. I find the corp finder VERY in-depth and it allows finding what you want.

It all comes down to what you want out of the game. If you want something to mine in space, EVE is definitely not for you. But being a part of osmething big? Meh, some people just find it to be a secondary job.
Image
Early Spring - 1055: Well, I made it to Boatmurdered, and my initial impressions can be set forth in three words: What. The. F*ck.
Post

Re: EVE Online

#52
I triede EVe online, and this is the biggest cesspool of the worst of the human race, depraved, racists, evil spirit, evil minded, bullies and I am restraining myself choosing careful my words, because no all are like that but I will say at least a 80% are. Really a game that I will never again touch in my life.
Post

Re: EVE Online

#53
Kambalo wrote:I triede EVe online, and this is the biggest cesspool of the worst of the human race, depraved, racists, evil spirit, evil minded, bullies and I am restraining myself choosing careful my words, because no all are like that but I will say at least a 80% are. Really a game that I will never again touch in my life.
I would assume you did not use the corp finder then ...
You cannot not communicate.
Paul Watzlawick - 1st Axiom
Post

Re: EVE Online

#55
... on the other hand I do understand that if someone comes from a rainbowy and cute MMORPG background, the Inhabitants of Eve Online might in general really seem grim and dark. But that is also what makes the game special.

As a trader, only if you know that your next route will take you through nullsec space and you know that that route might take away from you the work of months you've packed into your hauler cargo space - that will create a game immersion - a pounding heart - that no other online game can provide. But that is just my opinion. The idea of stupid decisions or bad luck resulting in massive loss can be frustrating. But it is at least equallly satisfying if you outsmarted or at least outmaneuvered the bad guys.

This creates stories like:
People who stuff tons of blueprints into frigates get popped.
The legendary Bank Of Eve scam
The Eve online conflict that cost 300,000 USD
The Jita riots

What other MMO comes close to stories like these ...
You cannot not communicate.
Paul Watzlawick - 1st Axiom
Post

Re: EVE Online

#57
Kambalo wrote:I triede EVe online, and this is the biggest cesspool of the worst of the human race, depraved, racists, evil spirit, evil minded, bullies and I am restraining myself choosing careful my words, because no all are like that but I will say at least a 80% are. Really a game that I will never again touch in my life.
Your EVE experience was very different then mine. Everyone was polite, even in Null-Sec. Kept on giving me advice on how not to get myself killed. Hell, I even joined a corps and had a few battles, but besides a few people, the other corps who constantly kicked our asses were usually really nice. They only took half of our stuff, and let us use the rest to build up again. Some of them even joined our corps to make it a fairer fight. I left when my 14-day trial was up, but the community seemed perfectly fine. :eh: :think: :ghost:
Image The results of logic, of natural progression? Boring! An expected result? Dull! An obvious next step? Pfui! Where is the fun in that? A dream may soothe, but our nightmares make us run!
Post

Re: EVE Online

#58
Idunno wrote:
Kambalo wrote:I triede EVe online, and this is the biggest cesspool of the worst of the human race, depraved, racists, evil spirit, evil minded, bullies and I am restraining myself choosing careful my words, because no all are like that but I will say at least a 80% are. Really a game that I will never again touch in my life.
Your EVE experience was very different then mine. Everyone was polite, even in Null-Sec. Kept on giving me advice on how not to get myself killed. Hell, I even joined a corps and had a few battles, but besides a few people, the other corps who constantly kicked our asses were usually really nice. They only took half of our stuff, and let us use the rest to build up again. Some of them even joined our corps to make it a fairer fight. I left when my 14-day trial was up, but the community seemed perfectly fine. :eh: :think: :ghost:
i have in general the same impression, besides the occasional griefer everyone is in general pretty nice.
at least as a person, not the in-game persona :lol:
Post

Re: EVE Online

#60
MrPerson wrote:I never cared for the MMO part of EVE to be honest. I know the player stuff is what makes EVE....well EVE. But I find just the music, the atmosphere, and the unique ship designs just to be enthralling. I mean, I have spent countless hours solo mining in a 2nd monitor just for no other reason besides being logged in and having a sense of money making. But eventually I get bored/pissed at something and I drop my sub. But usually after another year or a massive update, I tend to resub just to have it all happen again.

This is more of a confession than anything, I post stuff about EVE a lot here, but to be entirely honest, i have never gone below .3 space, never been a corp larger than 70 people, and have never done PVP once. Most people tell me I have not truly experienced the game, but I just love its atmosphere.
This is (or would be) my approach to EVE. I 'game' to have fun and relax, so PvP has no interest to me at all, but the rest of the game looks fantastic. It's all what you get out of it I suppose.

Online Now

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests

cron