Return to “Games”

Terraria.

Terraria's 1.3 update is less than 48 hours away. I am literally shaking in my clothing with anticipation. I have over 1,180 hours invested into the game, and that's not counting mods. I wouldn't even dare to imagine how many hours I have played with the mods on. Egads.

But we all have those games we can't rip ourselves away from, don't we.

So for those whose head has been under a rock, 1.3 has been in progress for thirteen months now.
Most of the Change Log. They omitted a bunch of stuff to keep the surprises and sense of exploration going.

There is no single part that I'm looking forward to the most. I'm just generally aware of the monumental amount of features that Terraria will have now that has brought it up from the game that it was in 2011.
Welcome to Limit Theory where everything is procedural and the post count doesn't matter. ~Grumblesaur
12 FPS on your abacus? Sheesh, check out Mr Moneybags here. I can squeeze maybe 5 FPS out of my potato, and that's when I'm overclocking it. ~ThymineC
Re: Terraria.

With incremental changes, it's not as much of a shocker as it is going from, say, 1.1 to 1.3. It's crazy how much stuff there is. I don't even know how to begin summarizing the changes.

NPCs can adequately defend themselves against attacking invasions now. It's the best thing.
Welcome to Limit Theory where everything is procedural and the post count doesn't matter. ~Grumblesaur
12 FPS on your abacus? Sheesh, check out Mr Moneybags here. I can squeeze maybe 5 FPS out of my potato, and that's when I'm overclocking it. ~ThymineC

ShadowTiger wrote:NPCs can adequately defend themselves against attacking invasions now. It's the best thing.
Lol. They can defend themselves sure, adequately... only in the early invasions. Once hard mode starts it's game over during invasions for NPCs.

Yes, that is not incorrect. A bit too not incorrect, really. There was a point where the Nurse walked up to the Guide and repeatedly threw syringes at him but kept hitting the desk, and I somewhat literally never heard the end of that. Whenever I went back to base, I'd just hear "Tap. Tap. Tap. Tap." of that syringe hitting the desk.

Sally, you are worst nurse.

Just got a copy in the last steam sale. :mrgreen:
20 hours in already in one week. biggest disappointment so far
is that my first world became completely unrecoverable...
thankfully my character still had a full inventory of loot for my next world.
"A sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."
- Arthur C. Clarke

BMRX wrote:Bought the game, not sure how to build things. I should put more effort into it.

EDIT/ Tried again, wooden walls aren't actual walls. Which is why I gave up on it. Bigger fish to fry.
to build walls, put into one of the numbered slots in your inv and then tipe that number, then you can place them like walls and such.
"A sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."
- Arthur C. Clarke

N810 wrote:
BMRX wrote:Bought the game, not sure how to build things. I should put more effort into it.

EDIT/ Tried again, wooden walls aren't actual walls. Which is why I gave up on it. Bigger fish to fry.
to build walls, put into one of the numbered slots in your inv and then tipe that number, then you can place them like walls and such.
When you build walls they just show up as background items. I can walk past them they do not have a physical presence.
:D

BMRX wrote:
N810 wrote:

When you build walls they just show up as background items. I can walk past them they do not have a physical presence.
As I recall, walls either show up as background panels, or as vertical barriers. They may be different items. The vertical barriers will block enemies (I guess they are called "wood blocks", thanks cornflakes!).

I believe you need the background panels for aesthetics, hanging torches, and getting NPCs to move in.

Journey far enough away from your home base and things start to get pretty weird... and by weird I mean awesome.
"To be what you are not, experience what you are not." -Saint John of the Cross
Authored 131 missions in Vendetta Online
Check it out on Steam

Online Now