Return to “Games”

Re: Sunless Sea

plillevold wrote:Oh noes, I missed the discount window :|
Trying out Fallen London instead :ghost:
Fallen London is free, after all =P

I love Sunless Sea for the same reason I love Fallen London - the writing. All else is incidental as far as I'm concerned, though I know Sunless Sea expressly tries to be something more than writing by definition :P

Scytale wrote:
plillevold wrote:Oh noes, I missed the discount window :|
Trying out Fallen London instead :ghost:
Fallen London is free, after all =P

I love Sunless Sea for the same reason I love Fallen London - the writing. All else is incidental as far as I'm concerned, though I know Sunless Sea expressly tries to be something more than writing by definition :P
I guess that's why people have issues with it, they come in expecting a rouge-like action at sea game, when it actually is more about the stories and rumours .. I enjoy Fallen London..combine that with awesome scenery creepiness. Sounds good to me!
old-fashioned :ghost:

plillevold wrote:And there it was on Steam sale :) Now playing it and really enjoying the story focus. Need to practice docking without damaging my ship though :ghost:
Excellent! You might also find that managing fuel and supplies reserves can be quite challenging, judging what is enough for those long trips east or north is what I find really difficult

Online Now