Return to “Games”

Re: Fallout 4

MrPerson wrote:I like the one that lets you add legendary perks to items from the workbenches. Though I am not going to get mods until all the DLC and patches are out, don't want to have to deal with broken mods from updates.
Just backup your save for it, :D
or use a different character
°˖◝(ಠ‸ಠ)◜˖°
WebGL Spaceships and Trails
<Cuisinart8> apparently without the demon driving him around Silver has the intelligence of a botched lobotomy patient ~ Mar 04 2020
console.log(`What's all ${this} ${Date.now()}`);

Silverware wrote:
MrPerson wrote:I like the one that lets you add legendary perks to items from the workbenches. Though I am not going to get mods until all the DLC and patches are out, don't want to have to deal with broken mods from updates.
Just backup your save for it, :D
or use a different character
on my first character I am probably just going to play the base game a crapton and once I do all I want in it I will probably be burnt out until the first DLC comes out. Then I will finish that and wait for the next etc until they are all out.

Then once the final DLC is out and they aren't likely to release a patch that breaks much, I will start a new character and mod the game to be completely different both visually and gameplay and do it all again :D

Yeah, FNV is basically the first-person Fallout done right.

Definitely get all the DLC too (though you probably have them), and you might want to check Autumn Leaves out, as well. A fully voiced fan-made mod with 8-10 hours of story, inspired by all the right things.

I'm looking forward to replaying New Vegas if/when I get the time...

alpan wrote:Yeah, FNV is basically the first-person Fallout done right.

Definitely get all the DLC too (though you probably have them), and you might want to check Autumn Leaves out, as well. A fully voiced fan-made mod with 8-10 hours of story, inspired by all the right things.

I'm looking forward to replaying New Vegas if/when I get the time...
Nope, I don't think I have the DLC. I haven't installed any mods yet, either, though I probably will at some point, given my history with skyrim. Probably something to fix the running animations for sure. They look... rather silly. :P
Have a question? Send me a PM! || I have a Patreon page up for REKT now! || People talking in IRC over the past two hours: Image

I finally finished my first play through yesterday.

*Spoilers*

I tried not to alienate any faction for as long as I could.
I got TO Underground Undercover with the Railroad and went far enough in to get the the password for Code Defender but I never turned it in for fear of alienating the Institute at that point. I kept it to turn in if/when I decided to back that faction and then moved on to other factions.
With both the Institute and the Brotherhood of Steel I got to Mass Fusion where my method of entry would alienate one or the other (thankfully the game tells you this when I went to get on the Vertibird otherwise I would have messed up and burned bridges... I figured you could get the object you're after and wouldn't have to pick until you decided who to give it to)
With the Minutemen I broke my rule on reloading from a save because I got to and through Defend the Castle but upon completion I failed a bunch of BoS quests I have. This made no sense to me as why would defending the castle from institute attack fail BoS (who weren't even involved) quests. So I reloaded a save before Defend the Castle and went from there.

Ultimately I decided to go the BoS route for my first playthrough. I felt my character having been alive pre-war would want to try to restore things to how they were which seems more in line with BoS. If the main character had grown up post war I'd likely have sided with the Minutemen as ghouls, super-mutants, etc. would be normal to me. I had no desire to at all to go with the Railroad. The Institute I would have liked to go with but I do think Gen 3 Syths go too far and they end up being very isolationist. If I could make up my own ending I would have run the Institute, halted production of Gen 3 Syths, and shared the non-robotic (medicine, crops, etc.) advances with the surface. Alas that was not an option so BoS seemed the best choice for me. (Though I'll try others next time).

I'm generally happy with the game. I don't think it seriously pushed any new boundries. I'd give Witcher 3 GoTY credit over it easily... I'm not even suer it's better than Skyrim, but it was a solid game (I'd rank it better than Oblivion at least). I especially liked Paladin Dance's character and next play through I'll likely spend more time with him. It's sad how things turned out but I have no regrets.

I finished the game most the way through level 49. After I ran a Corsair hunt mission just to ding 50 (it's a PS Trophy). I spent almost no time at all in power armor despite managing to collect like 10 suits without actively looking for them, stealing any*, or buying any. I pretty much avoided all of the settlement maintenance (i.e didn't build anything you weren't required to for a mission, never defended a single one, but I did try to do as many of the missions to acquire them as I could).

In marginally less creepy news, the Vault-Tec Workshop DLC for Fallout 4 is... well, no, it's pretty creepy, too.

In this DLC, you're given the option of remaining pure of heart or pretty much signing on to Vault-Tec's Pure Evil regarding how Vault Dwellers are treated. It's actually sort of interesting to see how players respond: will you choose to reject Vault-Tec and all its works, or will you enthusiastically sign on as a jailer in a Milgram experiment, even if only just to see what happens?

Meanwhile, the pre-push of content for Nuka World, the final Fallout 4 DLC, has happened. So presumably the actual gameplay will be happening soon.

Which should be good news for Victor as presumably it means BethSoft can get back to its PROPER JOB of making The Elder Scrolls VI. :D

I received the email from Bethesda about Fallout 4 – Vault-Tec Workshop and in a twinkling of an eye it was deleted. ;) I'm just wondering how many of the studio's resources are going to be assigned to these "other projects" they said they were working on. I'm not sure how to feel about what's happening, Flat, they seem to be taking their time concerning the development of the only one that matters to me.

You know, that PROPER JOB. :angel:

IronDuke wrote:Confirmed: Victor's eyes twinkle. THE END IS NIGH, HOW DARE HE?! :twisted:
:lol: I'm never going to be happy with Bethesda wasting its time and resources on the Fallout franchise, IronDuke. Post apocalyptic games will always be anathema to me. Followed closely by modern armed combat realistic warfare games. It's just a personal issue I have about the subjects. :angel:

... I just had an Idea...

What if Bethesda gave Arkane the rights to make an Elder Scrolls game...
Like, full on, 100% Dark Brotherhood.

We have a world where the Dark Brotherhood is all but gone since TESV...
We have limitless potential for intrigue, and assassinations.
We have a massive world people already know...

Simply take Dishonored, add management of the Dark Brotherhood chapter into the mix, and boom.
Instant game.

Plan, and carry out, assassinations of high ranking targets.
Grow your coffers and infamy.
Hire help to distract and do work for you...
°˖◝(ಠ‸ಠ)◜˖°
WebGL Spaceships and Trails
<Cuisinart8> apparently without the demon driving him around Silver has the intelligence of a botched lobotomy patient ~ Mar 04 2020
console.log(`What's all ${this} ${Date.now()}`);

Silverware wrote:... I just had an Idea...

What if Bethesda gave Arkane the rights to make an Elder Scrolls game...
Like, full on, 100% Dark Brotherhood.
We have a world where the Dark Brotherhood is all but gone since TESV...
Then I would get annoyed at then for making a TES game about the tiny part of the other games I have no interest in :P
Also, you could join the dark brotherhood in skyrim instead of destroying it...

Also, I think we need a TES6 thread, everyone keeps talking about it in every bethesda thread :ghost:
Warning: do not ask about physics unless you really want to know about physics.
The LT IRC / Alternate link || The REKT Wiki || PUDDING

Online Now