Return to “Games”

Re: Fallout 4

Talvieno wrote:I mostly dislike forced multiplayer. I have yet to see any instance where I could have more fun with forced multiplayer (especially with people you don't even know) than singleplayer.
I dislike multiplayer forced or not on anything as a rule. People, particularly the unwashed masses of strangers, generally suck.
My Signature

What would our Fallout 4 world look like if we played it absolutely, 100% as the character would, with zero consideration for maximizing progress as someone who knows they're playing a game?

Has anyone made it through the whole main campaign like that?

I sure didn't.

Flatfingers wrote:What would our Fallout 4 world look like if we played it absolutely, 100% as the character would, with zero consideration for maximizing progress as someone who knows they're playing a game?

Has anyone made it through the whole main campaign like that?

I sure didn't.
I've got better things to do with my time, Flat. ;) :mrgreen:

Little update on Fallout 4:
Bethesda patched in a micro transaction service called "creation club".
Be aware, that it will (Steam update) secretly install several hundered Megabytes of encrypted mods to your harddrive.

The user has to pay to unlock them.

I just checked, and yes there where about 500MB of files added recently.
This might grow larger in the future, when they offer more payed mods.

Wait they are already on drive... and encrypted... and you can pay to get the plaintext version of each...

I hope they are stupid and used the same key for each... Oh that'd be magnificent.
Buy a pipboy skin, and crack ALL of them. :V
°˖◝(ಠ‸ಠ)◜˖°
WebGL Spaceships and Trails
<Cuisinart8> apparently without the demon driving him around Silver has the intelligence of a botched lobotomy patient ~ Mar 04 2020
console.log(`What's all ${this} ${Date.now()}`);

Ok, I saw them on the drive. And that they are encrypted would be my strong assumption, as you have to pay for them with "credits" to unlock them.
In that case, Im sure they would use a seperate encryption key for each.

In any case, its a lot of dead files getting repeatedly installed on top of the game. And If they plan to continue the service like that with many more mods, Im shure
it will start getting into the Gigabytes of Data (then downloaded also every time they release a patch on Steam)

I have deinstalled Fallout 4 for now. I only have it there for when I had the urge to play it a bit. It took up space anyhow recently.

Lets see if they will also implement some roadblocks for installing normal mods, as they are directly compeeting with their new service...

https://www.pcgamesn.com/fallout-4/fall ... -downloads
https://www.tweaktown.com/news/59001/be ... index.html
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3r-_xkSs6s8

Ok, looks like they did that to allow downloadable content shipped to consoles,
Thus also activating it on the PC..

I may as well purge Fo4 from my PC anyway. There are too many glitched objects that cause my copy to crash...
sigh..

Though I should try the various patch mods first.
°˖◝(ಠ‸ಠ)◜˖°
WebGL Spaceships and Trails
<Cuisinart8> apparently without the demon driving him around Silver has the intelligence of a botched lobotomy patient ~ Mar 04 2020
console.log(`What's all ${this} ${Date.now()}`);

Talvieno wrote:
Mon Sep 04, 2017 3:28 pm
Wow, that's terrible. :( I'm glad I didn't get it during the last sale - I almost did.
Same here. I had half a thought to buy it...
I do not suppose FO4 will ever land on GOG? How would it handle the encrypted mods?

(Open...
On a side note FO3 is still a blast to play. GFWL is easily disabled, we got a patch to fix a wagon of bugs, and also the hardware to run it maximized uberized & beyond. Besides, FO3 is the only Beth game I managed to finish AND visit/clear every last map location of.
... closed)

-fox

I happily played FO4, including all the DLC, but this is pretty annoying.

The only think I can think to mention is that "Bethesda" is the game publishing company, under Zenimax. "Bethesda Softworks," the game development studio that makes the Elder Scrolls and Fallout games, probably isn't the source of this stupidity; it seems more like a publisher decision.

It's hard to imagine even the most out-of-touch suit at Bethesda or Zenimax not knowing there'd be complaints about this preloading crap. It only remains to learn why they thought enduring the completely predictable and legitimate poopstorm was worthwhile.

Something odd occurred to me today.

With Starfield probably being released in 2019-2020, that likely puts the release date for The Elder Scrolls VI somewhere around 2024-2025... and that in turn probably means the next (real) Fallout game doesn't show up until A.D. 2030.

15 years after Fallout 4.

Like, nearly an entire human generation later. The people playing Fallout 5 will be the children of the people who played Fallout 4 as kids.

Unless Josh invents his graphical programming language by then, or artificial intelligences start making games for us, 2030 seems like a real possibility for Fallout 5 given the ever-lengthening dev cycle for big games.

Is this plausible? It seems reasonable to me, but folks here love picking holes in other peoples' theories, so y'all go to town on this one. :D Are my date guesstimates really that far off?

Online Now