Return to “Games”

XCom 2

Reveal Trailer
Snakemen are back guys!

Welcome the Overlords!
Sectoids are the hard guys now!

ALL THE MODDING!
Guys, anything that isn't engine is moddable!

Also, check out Talvieno's Classic Ironman blind playthrough of Enemy Unknown!
Episodes: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Last edited by Silverware on Mon Jun 08, 2015 2:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.
°˖◝(ಠ‸ಠ)◜˖°
WebGL Spaceships and Trails
<Cuisinart8> apparently without the demon driving him around Silver has the intelligence of a botched lobotomy patient ~ Mar 04 2020
console.log(`What's all ${this} ${Date.now()}`);
Re: XCom 2

Mistycica wrote:CAN YOU FEEL THE HYPE
Most certainly. :ghost: :clap:
Image The results of logic, of natural progression? Boring! An expected result? Dull! An obvious next step? Pfui! Where is the fun in that? A dream may soothe, but our nightmares make us run!

"In XCOM 2, the roles have been reversed, and XCOM is now the invading force. They are hampered by limited resources and must constantly evade the alien threat in their new mobile headquarters. Players must use a combination of firepower and stealth-like tactics to help XCOM recruit soldiers and build a resistance network, while attempting to expose the evil alien agenda and save humanity. XCOM 2 will introduce gameplay features such as procedurally-generated levels, which will make each experience unique to the player, as well as offer a much deeper level of modding support. Additionally, XCOM 2 will offer a variety of new content including five updated soldier classes, increased soldier customization, more alien and enemy types, evolved tactical combat”
My Signature

Hope they learned a bit from Long War. Not the grueling difficulty, but the tactical variety it provides (and need to employ it).

I'm not sure how fun procedural maps gonna be, shoeboxes in XCOM1 are already scary :lol: Would love even more random spawns and such :D
panic

Zanteogo wrote:"In XCOM 2, the roles have been reversed, and XCOM is now the invading force. They are hampered by limited resources and must constantly evade the alien threat in their new mobile headquarters. Players must use a combination of firepower and stealth-like tactics to help XCOM recruit soldiers and build a resistance network, while attempting to expose the evil alien agenda and save humanity. XCOM 2 will introduce gameplay features such as procedurally-generated levels, which will make each experience unique to the player, as well as offer a much deeper level of modding support. Additionally, XCOM 2 will offer a variety of new content including five updated soldier classes, increased soldier customization, more alien and enemy types, evolved tactical combat”
That sounds good. :clap:

I would like a vintage XCOM, The Bureau style. That game looks much better than any modern science-fantasy aesthetic like the original one, or at least closer to my tastes. I suppose that will remain as a dream. :(
"Playing" is not simply a pastime, it is the primordial basis of imagination and creation. - Hideo Kojima

yeah I liked the 50s style to the gear, was awesome.
The original idea for Bureau was cool, more of a discovery and flee from aliens thing than an attack and kill
°˖◝(ಠ‸ಠ)◜˖°
WebGL Spaceships and Trails
<Cuisinart8> apparently without the demon driving him around Silver has the intelligence of a botched lobotomy patient ~ Mar 04 2020
console.log(`What's all ${this} ${Date.now()}`);

Apparently there will be more modding options this time around anybody up for a full on V mod possibly classic V not the latest failed reboot. :D

Sounds familiar resistance group fighting Earth/Visitor alliance in guerilla warfare as the goverments are unaware of the real intentions of the Aliens. :twisted:

Online Now