Return to “Games”

Re: Elite Dangerous

Cornflakes_91 wrote:there i play it to see how it looks with my new graphics card.

i missed the drop out point by a single frame

http://imgur.com/a/Y4Plx

yep, i totally have to use the FSD to get over that distance, impossible to do it conventionally, thats a distance thats impossible to cross.

"seamless world" my posterior.

Thanks for this! Saves me a lot of time trying to travel to a station in NORMAL space. Never thought it was seamless...but would have been a nice surprise. Just a series of rooms/instances.

As I like to say very often, I really love ED because dull things can keep me interested but I have a very hard time seeing how anyone else can

That being said, my understanding is joining a clan like Diamond Frogs, or playing together in general, really opens up the game.

Scytale wrote:As I like to say very often, I really love ED because dull things can keep me interested but I have a very hard time seeing how anyone else can

That being said, my understanding is joining a clan like Diamond Frogs, or playing together in general, really opens up the game.
Yeah, when I flew with Goatchops it was far more fun.
°˖◝(ಠ‸ಠ)◜˖°
WebGL Spaceships and Trails
<Cuisinart8> apparently without the demon driving him around Silver has the intelligence of a botched lobotomy patient ~ Mar 04 2020
console.log(`What's all ${this} ${Date.now()}`);

It's funny, for the brief time I was allowed on the forum I joined the (pre-beta!) PvP/PvE argument, pointing out that there were probably going to be griefers and people might prefer to forgo player combat entirely rather than put up with them.

They gave me so much crap for even suggesting that there might be griefers in the game, and suggested that if other players bother me that much I should just play offline.

That worked out great, didn't it? :lol:
Games I like, in order of how much I like them. (Now permanent and updated regularly!)

I used to PvP a long while back, during 1.3 when The Code infested the Lave area. Many rebuys giggles were had, and it was all great fun. While I could never best them in direct combat, I at one point evaded 14 interdictions in a row in my Clipper. :D We got to know each other fairly well, and had many "pirate scum/bounty hunter filth" insult-slinging sessions while lounging at starports. Really good times.

Then Engineers arrived, SDC kicked Code's tush repeatedly as well as anyone else in the area, and it became a ghost town. They didn't play nicely, politely, or even with a single chat message. That was boring, so Code no longer is active much, PvP bounty hunting almost doesn't exist, and I've gone back to PvE since then. :(

At least there's still CQC, if you can stand to wait about thirty minutes for a match. Problem is, it's not got the enormous level of variety, fun, and profit that you could get in Open before.

I just hope FD one day implement a Crime and Punishment system that will make Code happy so they come back and I can lose credits trying to kill them. :monkey:

--IronDuke

P.S. I wasn't a bad pilot; I once got interdicted in my Vulture by an Asp Explorer and a Cobra III working together, and killed them both. :twisted: Poor fools, I still don't know what they were after. Maybe the 2,000,000 credit bounty Code had on my head for a couple months? :think: :shifty:
Knowledge is Power, and Power goes in Cars.
I-War 2 thread
Epic Limit Theory Limerick

Online Now