Return to “Games”

Re: Elite Dangerous

Two more ships to add to my fleet, lots of QOL improvements to the game, some new things to find and easier to find them as well.
I like what they did in this update, but what i'm expecting is to hear what's coming next year(s), what are they planning for the future of Elite...

Wow, I finally figure this game out when it comes on the Xbox One.
Started trading stocks between two stations, and found a brill buy/sell where I could make 600 credits per tonne.. both ways! :D

That was grand, and boy, my landing skills are woeful.
Got it perfect once, and then the next time I bounce like a ping pong ball in the station... what the..?!?

Got it to a point where I could get 6,000 Credits per run, and got to 50k after a few hours.

Then I found out about helping the police on the asteroid belts, and omg!
70k within 5 mins!!

So looking forward to flying my Eagle later :)
YAY PYTHON \o/

In Josh We Trust
-=326.3827=-

FormalMoss wrote:
Tue Nov 20, 2018 6:44 am
Started trading stocks between two stations, and found a brill buy/sell where I could make 600 credits per tonne.. both ways! :D

Got it perfect once, and then the next time I bounce like a ping pong ball in the station... what the..?!?

Got it to a point where I could get 6,000 Credits per run, and got to 50k after a few hours.

70k within 5 mins!!

Excellent! The Eagle is a beutiful ship to fly, very fast and agile but it does have issues with heat and it is kind of made out of paper! Depending on your play style and what you enjoy the Viper mkiii is a very nice ship to aim for. Still quick and pretty agile but an extra hardpoint and a lot tougher. Or if you like an Imperial ship the Imperial Eagle is larger than the standard, not as quick ort agile but certainly tougher.

Philip Coutts wrote:
Tue Nov 20, 2018 12:49 pm
FormalMoss wrote:
Tue Nov 20, 2018 6:44 am

70k within 5 mins!!

Excellent! The Eagle is a beutiful ship to fly, very fast and agile but it does have issues with heat and it is kind of made out of paper! Depending on your play style and what you enjoy the Viper mkiii is a very nice ship to aim for. Still quick and pretty agile but an extra hardpoint and a lot tougher. Or if you like an Imperial ship the Imperial Eagle is larger than the standard, not as quick ort agile but certainly tougher.
And then I sold it for a hauler, which I thought was pants at first, until I realised the fuel capacity, and the fact that the auto-route maker always landed it beside a fuel-scoopable sun, win-win.
However cargo space was a big issue, so I upgraded to a Cobra MkIII, and wow!
I now have cargo of 56, and I can see myself upgrading this to a silly level, and eventually turning into an explorer build, and hopefully partaking in some courier events :)
YAY PYTHON \o/

In Josh We Trust
-=326.3827=-

The Cobra Mk3 is a nice beast, it's what I primarily fly myself, mostly because the next step up is a huge jump in cost, and I dont have the time/energy/drive to grind out the cash.

But it *IS* a multipurpose horse, so it does everything petty good, but nothing exceptionally.
So if doing exploring, aim for a dedicated craft really.
°˖◝(ಠ‸ಠ)◜˖°
WebGL Spaceships and Trails
<Cuisinart8> apparently without the demon driving him around Silver has the intelligence of a botched lobotomy patient ~ Mar 04 2020
console.log(`What's all ${this} ${Date.now()}`);

Thanks Silver,
Always good to hear back from others and their experiences :)

I like the number of mid-slots I can setup on this, and I'm working to buy a fix-me bot, so I can do more pve against ships, and not worry when I got so shot up, I'm spinning with no engine (happened to me in the Cobra earlier in the week, had to self-destruct).
YAY PYTHON \o/

In Josh We Trust
-=326.3827=-

zircher wrote:
Fri Nov 23, 2018 9:11 pm
Odd question, can you play the current version of Elite Dangerous in single player mode and never have to interact with other humans players? I'd like to replicate something more like the original game play rather than some PvP murder sim.
You can play alone, but not offline, in Solo. However, even in Open, your chances of meeting other players is pretty low outside of certain hotspots.

Online Now