Return to “Games”

Re: Elite Dangerous

Philip Coutts wrote:I'm out exploring and I'm going to use all my profits to buy an FDL and reign hell down on everything that crosses my path. Or alternatively get blown up a lot...an awful lot. :D
Good plan, the FDL is the ship i find the most fun to fly, and if you don't mind a bit of engineer grinding you can make it almost unstoppable, at least for pve. Overpowered multicannons on all hardpoints are awesome :D
Re: Elite Dangerous

Up to you to decide if any of the following is fun. I'm slightly disenchanted with the game at the moment.

-There's new missions to haul passengers, which missions are basically rebrands of the cargo hauling missions, but with more character. Supposedly. Have yet to try them.
-If you have $30, there's Horizons, so you can do missions to blow up skimmers, hack data points, search for alien ruins (and I guarantee you that Canonn will beat you to that every single time), find materials for the Engineers to upgrade your ships.
-You can bulk trade, if tedious A --> B --> A for disproportionately large rewards is your thing.
-There's transport and data courier missions, which kept me interested for over 100 gameplay hours, but they accidentally cut the rewards by 10x and are supposed to be working on fixing them.
-You can bounty hunt by going to Resource Extraction Sites, also known as Magical Wanted NPC Spawns, and lolwreck ships for paltry money that won't cover your repairs if your big ship loses its shield just once.
-There are missions to assassinate people that pay fairly well, but I've never actually managed to complete one, since the target never spawns.
-There is exploration, which amounts to jumping from one star to another, running a scan, check system map for good bodies, if any found then get close and it scans. Scoop some fuel, on to next system. Sell data to a random station when you're done.
-There's piracy. If you're pirating a NPC, then just kill the power plant and they'll magically stop for about a minute while they reboot. Fire hatch breakers, fire collector limpets, rake in cargo. Have yet to try it, but apparently the NPCs in asteroid rings are loaded with high value stuff. If you're pirating a player, interdict them and watch them log off. Such fun, much rewarding.

I think that's about it, but what more could a space game have? None I've ever seen have more, but maybe I haven't been looking.

--IronDuke
Knowledge is Power, and Power goes in Cars.
I-War 2 thread
Epic Limit Theory Limerick

Online Now