Return to “Games”

Windward

Windward. If you enjoy open procedural world sandbox trading & pirate hunting ARPGs, if only in theory, then to fail to call your attention to this game would be a grave disservice.

Also, I would like to partake in small group co-op if any of you are interested. :mrgreen:

edit: just found out that I can perform destructive terraforming with lobbed explosive charges. I love this game. :D :squirrel:

A comprehensive review: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oQGtIyyr9NU
Last edited by Baile nam Fonn on Mon May 18, 2015 10:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
"omg such tech many efficiency WOW" ~ Josh Parnell
Re: Windward

This reminds me a lot of a handful of free flash games that have you start as a small ship and trade/hunt pirates and get better skills, items, and upgrades, along with larger ships.
Image "Everyone needs to have their avatar's edited to have afros." -Charley Deallus

I've a new character on the go, 'Greyfell'.
Currently rocking a Sloop of War (Schooner would probly be better in every way, but I just love the sexy sail profile of this boat),
he's a Valiant glass cannon specialized in long-range skirmishing and armed with a mean Volley and fully upgraded Grogolov Cocktail.
Every pirate I meet tastes fire, humiliation, and the sickening horror of swift calamity. :twisted:

This is far better than any flash game I've met.

Forgotten Windward? It may be time to unforget.
Check out today's patch notes & associated ship modding tutorial. :ghost: :squirrel:

Here are a few highlights from the patch notes:
Added ghost ships (/set halloween = true).
Improved the look of all ships (more details are shown with higher graphics settings)
[...]
Altered stats of ships [balancing changes]
[...]
Players will now do more or less damage to AI ships based on whether they have encountered them before or not.
[...]
Completing a trade or a quest will now result in the town’s production/demand increasing or another quest getting added.
Trades that fulfil higher demands will now grant items to the player completing the trade. The greater the demand, the better the reward.
When towns gain levels their production and demands are no longer reset.
Also, custom sails (and pennants too!). :D Image

Online Now