Cities: Skylines

Discuss games not related to Limit Theory.

Re: Cities: Skylines

Postby Baile nam Fonn » Wed Apr 01, 2015 5:42 am

:D
"omg such tech many efficiency WOW" ~ Josh Parnell
Baile nam Fonn
Captain

Postby DWMagus » Wed Apr 01, 2015 9:39 am

Mistycica wrote:http://www.reddit.com/r/CitiesSkylines/comments/310z0x/patch_107c_released/

New patch!

I'm rolling on this.

"Disasters have been added! Download Origin for full effect!"
Early Spring - 1055: Well, I made it to Boatmurdered, and my initial impressions can be set forth in three words: What. The. F*ck.
DWMagus

Postby Flatfingers » Wed Apr 01, 2015 7:42 pm

DWMagus wrote:"Disasters have been added! Download Origin for full effect!"

Origin = disaster?

:lol:
Flatfingers
Vice Admiral

Postby Mistycica » Thu Apr 02, 2015 3:19 am

Flatfingers wrote:
DWMagus wrote:"Disasters have been added! Download Origin for full effect!"

Origin = disaster?

:lol:

panic
Mistycica
Captain

Postby Baile nam Fonn » Mon Sep 21, 2015 6:04 am

After Dark, coming soon!

Also, quill18 livestreaming today!
"omg such tech many efficiency WOW" ~ Josh Parnell
Baile nam Fonn
Captain

Postby Flatfingers » Mon Sep 21, 2015 9:21 pm

Baile nam Fonn wrote:After Dark, coming soon!

Pretty sure I remember After Dark already having showed up.... ;)
Flatfingers
Vice Admiral

Postby Silverware » Tue Sep 22, 2015 12:10 am

Ooo, a reason to play Cities again! It was an enjoyable game, that offers no challenge late game.
ᕕ(ಠ‸ಠ)⊃━☆゚.*・。゚
Silverware
Vice Admiral

Postby TGS » Tue Sep 22, 2015 7:02 am

Not meant to be mean but is it just me or is it weird that they have made an expansion based around a feature that probably should have existed in the base game? Lol.
TGS
Captain

Postby Scytale » Tue Sep 22, 2015 9:16 am

TGS wrote:Not meant to be mean but is it just me or is it weird that they have made an expansion based around a feature that probably should have existed in the base game? Lol.

I think it's fair enough - just because disasters exist in base versions of other citybuilding games doesn't mean it should be here. Cities made up for the deficiency compared to the others by just being better...

...at least that's my understanding. I haven't actually played it. Please correct me if I'm wrong (PCMIIW, I'm totally using that as an initialism)
Scytale
Vice Admiral

Postby Mistycica » Tue Sep 22, 2015 11:31 am

Scytale wrote:
TGS wrote:Not meant to be mean but is it just me or is it weird that they have made an expansion based around a feature that probably should have existed in the base game? Lol.

I think it's fair enough - just because disasters exist in base versions of other citybuilding games doesn't mean it should be here. Cities made up for the deficiency compared to the others by just being better...

...at least that's my understanding. I haven't actually played it. Please correct me if I'm wrong (PCMIIW, I'm totally using that as an initialism)

It's sort of so. It got everything right, and the dev team was conscientious enough to patch in a bunch of stuff like tunnels free, because they felt it's supposed to be part of the base game. I don't feel like they don't deserve to sell After Dark as an expansion, since it expands heavily on the features of a game that feels complete standalone. Plus they also release a handful of free stuff in a content patch along with the release, so you get a taste without buying.

I'm just hoping they don't get as brutal as Paradox goes with EU.
panic
Mistycica
Captain

Postby Scytale » Tue Sep 22, 2015 11:36 am

Haha you mean with the hordes of tiny dlc's?

Paradox has a knack for that
Scytale
Vice Admiral

Postby IronDuke » Mon Apr 04, 2016 11:11 pm

Well, I gave the game a shot. I came inches away from killing everyone with ground pollution from stupid things like putting the water tower next to the factories, forgetting to power the landfill, and similar dummy stuff. :monkey: It's a LOT harder to deal with pollution and utilities than in Anno 2070 - and I love that! :thumbup:
I also nearly went broke, but saved my bacon at the last second. Hopefully I can maintain a positive income long enough to build up a cash pillow with which to actually build things... :ghost:
Now I just have to find out how to stop the spreading ground pollution from the industrial section, since I put it... well... right next to the houses... :oops:
Overall, this was TOTALLY worth a month of slaving at DoP! :squirrel:

--IronDuke
Moving toward the future at 60 minutes per hour.
I-War 2 thread
Epic Limit Theory Limerick
IronDuke
Rear Admiral

Location: The other end of the weapons barrage that's killing you. :3

Postby TGS » Tue Apr 05, 2016 1:17 am

IronDuke wrote:Well, I gave the game a shot. I came inches away from killing everyone with ground pollution from stupid things like putting the water tower next to the factories, forgetting to power the landfill, and similar dummy stuff. :monkey: It's a LOT harder to deal with pollution and utilities than in Anno 2070 - and I love that! :thumbup:
I also nearly went broke, but saved my bacon at the last second. Hopefully I can maintain a positive income long enough to build up a cash pillow with which to actually build things... :ghost:
Now I just have to find out how to stop the spreading ground pollution from the industrial section, since I put it... well... right next to the houses... :oops:
Overall, this was TOTALLY worth a month of slaving at DoP! :squirrel:

--IronDuke

I haven't played this game in ages, I really should fire it up again. It's fun, but I struggle to get into it. After you've played 3-5 really long games and have unlocked everything and gotten a fairly large city it kind of feels like "Been there done that don't need to do it again" for me.
TGS
Captain

Postby BMRX » Tue Apr 05, 2016 2:09 pm

I just keep expanding upon my city, I very quickly dropped a hundred hours into this city, still expanding. It becomes more challenging everytime I "come back" to look it over. As it ends up more and more complex of a city each time I come back. It's kind of like a new Mayor comes in and turns the previous plans around, it's amusing.
:D
BMRX
Commander

Postby IronDuke » Tue Apr 05, 2016 2:17 pm

BMRX wrote:I very quickly dropped a hundred hours into this city

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
:thumbup:

--IronDuke
Moving toward the future at 60 minutes per hour.
I-War 2 thread
Epic Limit Theory Limerick
IronDuke
Rear Admiral

Location: The other end of the weapons barrage that's killing you. :3

PreviousNext

Return to Games