Return to “Games”

Re: Ori and the Blind Forest

I got it! Thanks to a coupon trade from Baile nam Fonn. :D Played it all the way through in just a few sittings. Absolutely beautiful game, and runs quite well on my ancient computer, too. Only had a few places where it got stuttery. Gorgeous all the way to the end. Did I mention it's pretty? Because it is. So much.

I really like metroidvania-types, and this one was awesome in just about every way, I think... except perhaps combat, combat seemed a little bland, but apart from that it was awesome. I love it. :D
Have a question? Send me a PM! || I have a Patreon page up for REKT now! || People talking in IRC over the past two hours: Image

I have gotten 89% of the steam achievements in the game. :D
I'm sure it will take a year to get the rest, some of those are painfully hard. :lol:

Also the game has not lost its fun for me. :mrgreen: Yet. :shifty: :ghost:
I am Groot.
Please don't take my advice. You will wind up in jail if you do.
For some reason, I feel obliged to display how many people have talked in IRC over the past 2 hours: Image :problem:
:ugeek:

It would be nice if this game wasn't difficult just for the sake of being difficult. Unfortunately, most platformers seem to rely on twitch-timing of keypresses without much brain activity. It's a shame; I've heard from all sources that Ori has an amazingly good story. Not only am I likely never to experience it, even if I do, emotional investment is impossible with the frustration this thing brings. :(

--IronDuke
Knowledge is Power, and Power goes in Cars.
I-War 2 thread
Epic Limit Theory Limerick

IronDuke wrote:
Tue Aug 08, 2017 10:13 pm
Not only am I likely never to experience it, even if I do, emotional investment is impossible with the frustration this thing brings. :(

--IronDuke
Ginzo tree final sequence?

If not then you dont know frustration in that game yet :ghost:

And most sequences i remember right now need you a lot to know exactly what you are doing and a lot of concentration.
Not exactly "lack of brain activity"

Ginso tree final sequence is great fun. Used to die so many times. :D
Now I can often do it without dying once. :3

...Is a bit saddening, tbh. :mrgreen:
I am Groot.
Please don't take my advice. You will wind up in jail if you do.
For some reason, I feel obliged to display how many people have talked in IRC over the past 2 hours: Image :problem:
:ugeek:

Cornflakes_91 wrote:
Wed Aug 09, 2017 8:43 am
Ginzo tree final sequence?
No; that actually was tense, exciting, and I got it after about a dozen tries. The music was also so epic I couldn't be unhappy. It's the quieter bits where you have to do some painfully slow and careful navigating around the most unrealistic obstacles. Possibly the worst part was
Spoiler:      SHOW
moving through that frozen mountain place with those crazy changes of gravity direction and "lava" floors. Most miserable time I've had in a while; I had to walk back over the same place over fifty times, which is a complete waste.
--IronDuke
Knowledge is Power, and Power goes in Cars.
I-War 2 thread
Epic Limit Theory Limerick

Online Now