Return to “Games”

Re: Ori and the Blind Forest

Fans of this game might enjoy hearing that it did very well at the Game Developers Choice Awards at GDC this year. Moon Studios won Best Debut, and Ori took home the prize for Best Visual Art. (Per Gamasutra)
IronDuke wrote:Even though this game uses Unity like mine, I will never be able to get mine to look this nice. :shock: :thumbup:
Another post from Gamasutra: Michal Berlinger blogs about several Unity plugins that he's found very useful. Several of them are related to artwork. Good luck!

Flatfingers wrote:Fans of this game might enjoy hearing that it did very well at the Game Developers Choice Awards at GDC this year. Moon Studios won Best Debut, and Ori took home the prize for Best Visual Art. (Per Gamasutra)
IronDuke wrote:Even though this game uses Unity like mine, I will never be able to get mine to look this nice. :shock: :thumbup:
Another post from Gamasutra: Michal Berlinger blogs about several Unity plugins that he's found very useful. Several of them are related to artwork. Good luck!

Good on them all and all a stunning looking game that puts most of the so called AAA teams to shame,just hope they can become a force in the indie world much like Klei for instance. :thumbup:

Cornflakes_91 wrote:and there go 20 or so bucks from my wallet.
Well spent.

I've just begun playing, and already I'm rubbing my eyes and blinking and marvelling: was it previously this jaw-dropping, or did they somehow manage to make the opening scenes even more gorgeous? :shock:

They've done a splendid job. Moon Studios take the term 'lovingly polished' to an extraordinary level. :clap:
As pleased as I am to have a good excuse to pick up Ori once more, I'm truly envious of anyone playing for the first time.

The rage can be real at times.
I haven't tried the new Easy option, but Normal can provide an excruciating challenge for a returning player (I'm at 115 deaths, not far past the Ginso tree). :oops:
Also, the new skills are AWESOME!
"omg such tech many efficiency WOW" ~ Josh Parnell

Hmm... did stuff, finished game (not clear everything though), credits rolled.

684 deaths, 8 hours, 53 minutes, and three seconds played...

Hmm...

If anybody wants to know if they should buy it, buy it. No hesitation. :ghost:
I am Groot.
Please don't take my advice. You will wind up in jail if you do.
For some reason, I feel obliged to display how many people have talked in IRC over the past 2 hours: Image :problem:
:ugeek:

Online Now