Return to “Games”

Re: RTS list

I believe age of empires has been mentioned, anyway it's a great series that I enjoyed, especially 1 and 2, don't know why 3 didn't catch me. I played it but it couldn't grab me.

Few others:
Wargame: Airland battle
R.U.S.E.
0 A.D. (already mentioned but a great game, but the greatest drawback is the lag on larger maps. This is partly because the game is in heavy development)

There is also this upcoming space RTS which I can't remember right now...
http://youtube.com/watch?v=Mp35R--Jrmg

RUSE was an amazing game, I got into the Multiplayer scene for it not long after launch, but then my PC exploded and RUSE would not run on my laptop. :(
So I was unable to play it until well after everyone who still played multiplayer was at lvl 100 and had truly figured the game out.
°˖◝(ಠ‸ಠ)◜˖°
WebGL Spaceships and Trails
<Cuisinart8> apparently without the demon driving him around Silver has the intelligence of a botched lobotomy patient ~ Mar 04 2020
console.log(`What's all ${this} ${Date.now()}`);

Scytale wrote:I disagree Tsernobyl, Europa Universalis and SotS aren't RTS's in what is usually meant by the term; they're really more like 4x games.
The EU games aren't 4X, they're grand strategy games.
A good plan, violently executed now, is better than a perfect plan next week.

In magenta we trust

Basmannen wrote:
Scytale wrote:I disagree Tsernobyl, Europa Universalis and SotS aren't RTS's in what is usually meant by the term; they're really more like 4x games.
The EU games aren't 4X, they're grand strategy games.
Ah, thank you. I was looking for a word to describe them but the best I could come up with was 4x. I will start taking the term 'Grand Strategy' as a distinct concept for a genre more seriously.

Online Now