Return to “Games”

Re: Kerbal Space Program

Wings!
Add wings to everything, the new atmospherics are a better estimation, but seriously drop them in deference for FAR or NEAR.

But no, the answer is drogue Chutes. That and fiddling with the chute parameters.
RealChutes is a good options to replace the stock ones too (stock are a bit shit)
°˖◝(ಠ‸ಠ)◜˖°
WebGL Spaceships and Trails
<Cuisinart8> apparently without the demon driving him around Silver has the intelligence of a botched lobotomy patient ~ Mar 04 2020
console.log(`What's all ${this} ${Date.now()}`);

Silverware wrote:Wings!
Add wings to everything, the new atmospherics are a better estimation, but seriously drop them in deference for FAR or NEAR.

But no, the answer is drogue Chutes. That and fiddling with the chute parameters.
RealChutes is a good options to replace the stock ones too (stock are a bit shit)
And what if I'm still about two nodes away from drogues? :D

I'll try popping wings onto this baby, then, see if they burn up before I get a bit of lift to extend my glide.
panic

Mistycica wrote:
Silverware wrote:Wings!

And what if I'm still about two nodes away from drogues? :D

I'll try popping wings onto this baby, then, see if they burn up before I get a bit of lift to extend my glide.
Proper placement is key :V
°˖◝(ಠ‸ಠ)◜˖°
<Cuisinart8> apparently without the demon driving him around Silver has the intelligence of a botched lobotomy patient ~ Mar 04 2020

A thing I may like for this game is some extra game mode between Career and Sandbox, in the same way we have Science but with a different focus, like the best of both worlds. One in which all or at least most parts are available from the beginning but collecting science have an important purpose. This is because I would like to be able to create whatever spaceship, rover or plane I may want from the beginning, like in Sandbox Mode, but without having to play forever at the beginning of the Career Mode without ever reaching the better parts.

My proposition:

- You start with every part available, but you need funds to unlock and then buy the parts.
- You have to collect science and make experiments in order to get more funds, selling science for funds.

Optional:

- Contracts are still available as an alternative way to get funds and reputation.
- You still need to upgrade the space center.

Not sure if something like this is possible for modders or if it needs to be implemented by the developers, but it sounds like an interesting possibility in order to retain the freedom of Sandbox Mode without loosing one of the biggest incentives to explore Kerbin and the other planets.

What do you think?
"Playing" is not simply a pastime, it is the primordial basis of imagination and creation. - Hideo Kojima

Etsu wrote:A thing I may like for this game is some extra game mode between Career and Sandbox, in the same way we have Science but with a different focus, like the best of both worlds. One in which all or at least most parts are available from the beginning but collecting science have an important purpose. This is because I would like to be able to create whatever spaceship, rover or plane I may want from the beginning, like in Sandbox Mode, but without having to play forever at the beginning of the Career Mode without ever reaching the better parts.

My proposition:

- You start with every part available, but you need funds to unlock and then buy the parts.
- You have to collect science and make experiments in order to get more funds, selling science for funds.

Optional:

- Contracts are still available as an alternative way to get funds and reputation.
- You still need to upgrade the space center.

Not sure if something like this is possible for modders or if it needs to be implemented by the developers, but it sounds like an interesting possibility in order to retain the freedom of Sandbox Mode without loosing one of the biggest incentives to explore Kerbin and the other planets.

What do you think?
Funds only mode is also what I want to play. There are mods that make it near possible from memory. Unlocking the next science tier when you have bought all the bits of the tier before.
°˖◝(ಠ‸ಠ)◜˖°

Silverware wrote:Funds only mode is also what I want to play. There are mods that make it near possible from memory. Unlocking the next science tier when you have bought all the bits of the tier before.
I couldn't find anything. However, what I would like is to eliminate the tech tree entirely, basically.

Now I'm doing quite the opposite. I'm using the "Engineering Tech Tree" with a lot of mods parts, which is a very complex tech tree. (The alternative was Historical Progression Tech Tree, which is more linear, but I chose to try this one.) I'm also using "Kerbalism" alongside TAC and RemoteTech with the USI Kolonization Patch to see what it does. I want to focus in rovers and planes first and maybe use only unmanned probes to explore space for now. Besides, I keep a sandbox save just in case I want to fly one of the stock airplanes or test something. :D
"Playing" is not simply a pastime, it is the primordial basis of imagination and creation. - Hideo Kojima

Silverware wrote:Personally I recommend the USI life support over TAC. The USI mods are incredible together.
I doubt I will be ever in the situation of actually using the kolonization mods. Anyway, I think the survivor stuff is handled mostly by Kerbalism, not TAC, which uses the USI parts in its own way. Not sure yet how that works.

Online Now