Return to “Games”

Re: Sol Trader

Finding people can be tough sometimes. They might be off planet on a trip. Check their profession: managers and other senior people sometimes make business trips. Freelance traders and navy pilots are always flying about too, and people go and see relatives they are close to. Asking incoming travellers might help. Hail ships as you pass and ask about people: they might have seen them close to a gate.

Hope you find them!
Maker of Sol Trader and Ealdorlight

chrismdp wrote:Finding people can be tough sometimes. They might be off planet on a trip. Check their profession: managers and other senior people sometimes make business trips. Freelance traders and navy pilots are always flying about too, and people go and see relatives they are close to. Asking incoming travellers might help. Hail ships as you pass and ask about people: they might have seen them close to a gate.

Hope you find them!
Hey, with a little revision, this advice would be a great addition to the in-game tutorial, would it not? :ghost:
"omg such tech many efficiency WOW" ~ Josh Parnell

Ok - 1.1.4 is out with a fix to that issue - let me know if that sorts it out!

The headlines:
  • Stop people vanishing from buildings, only to reappear on pause/unpause
  • Fix display issue on trade component screen
  • Fix reported 'gtcFace' crash
  • Fix crash caused by displaying jump gate info when landed
  • Prevent launch with too many people for ship
  • Fix UI issue when quitting whilst asleep
Maker of Sol Trader and Ealdorlight

chrismdp wrote:Heh. The issue is that it's a pretty nasty and sudden way for the AI to end the game, so I doubt it'll ever go in. Sorry :angel:
I would suggest allowing it for some situations.
Like the Mafia catch you and you owe them a ton of money. :V
Or you piss off someone REALLY badly, then accept a life from them :P

It should be a pretty obvious screw up that allows it to happen.
°˖◝(ಠ‸ಠ)◜˖°
WebGL Spaceships and Trails
<Cuisinart8> apparently without the demon driving him around Silver has the intelligence of a botched lobotomy patient ~ Mar 04 2020
console.log(`What's all ${this} ${Date.now()}`);

Oooh, yes, I agree! That sounds awesome. Definitely only in rare cases, but it should happen if you make enough people mad. Just make sure the player is given a warning. "You've really screwed up bad, pal. Fair warning, if I catch you on any of my stations again, you're going out the airlock."

Then the player knows getting on those stations is risky business.
Have a question? Send me a PM! || I have a Patreon page up for REKT now! || People talking in IRC over the past two hours: Image

Online Now